Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

To disable ads, please log-in.

This much!
    Untitled by Sharon Goldwasser, on Flickr
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

We need a 'like' button!

I miss Sprouts!!
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

The new cyclist in the family riding at Saguaro NP with me my son- he really looks a LOT like me!

Sunset at Saguaro NPUntitled by Sharon Goldwasser, on Flickr

Thinking his smile means he enjoys riding with you Sharon!!

My new favorite national park…utah’s arches national park. I’ve never had so many eye orgasms on a 51 mile ride in my life….or in processing the photos tonight. A Very very steep switchbacks climb from the parks entrance with no shoulder but the speed limit is 15mph and cars slowed down even more to pass which made it less nervous. We rode from the entrance to devils garden at the end of the main road and the side roads to windows and delicate arch. Had some head or side winds going and tail and side coming back. High 70’s to low 80’s with beautiful skies with the remaining clouds from a storm that came through yesterday. We also hiked for a couple of hours, sat in total silence in fin canyon and felt blessed to just be in the presence of such quiet beauty. This trip has had some wonderful rides with stunning views but nothing has equaled today.

‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I've never seen this sign before...there were a few of them on the main road
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

Oh - I LOVE Arches Rebecca. I've only been there twice. Maybe it's time to go again! Thanks for the beautiful pics!

And yes, my son is enjoying having time with me and also my husband doing cycling and hiking. Nice family time with a grown kid!

Last ride of this trip was yesterdays into the island in the sky mesa district of canyonland national park. A completely different ride than the one through arches as this ride is on a mesa top with views into the canyons surrounding it and the wide expanse of the mesa top itself. There is a very long climb to the 6000+ foot mesa top with some steep sections (made for a great descent back down to hyw 191 where we parked the car) and was more miles vs arches, 96 vs 51. Temps were in the high 60’s on the mesa with less traffic than arches. A very pleasant ride overall, much like a rural desert country ride but with high incredible canyon views. A nice ending to a wonderful two weeks of riding on california’s big sur, around mendocino ca, the southern oregon coast, the north cascade hyw and finishing with two national parks out of moab utah. The time in fin canyon will be one of my quickly retrieved mental files for a long time....and the best part was sharing it all with ellie, a good friend, a positive mentor at work and great travel/riding companion.

Last edited by rebeccaC; 09-20-2015 at 02:18 AM.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015-07-14 20.17.19.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	109.3 KB 
ID:	17816
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Pictures from near the start of the ride today: Along the road from the Whipple Observatory in the Santa Ritas

Sheila..are those bushes or limbs on the ground by that big tree that looks like a tree out of a tim burton movie nice photo!

beautiful skies and country Sharon!!!...we have a nice cloud build up today and hopefully some rain tonight and tomorrow. i've been very lazy about riding since we got back from our trip....nothing except commutes.