Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

2015 Ride Pictures

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just want somewhere to post ride pictures. I know there are a lot of threads, but a lot of them are so specific, thought it was time for a new one.

This year's new love, my single-speed Surly Krampus. I have a lot of seatpost exposed, but the Krampus is built with a very low rear end, and the sizing was a little funky compared to their other bikes. This is a size small, guess I could have built up a medium with a shorter stem.

Anyway! My dog loves riding on this bike. The rack is a Pioneer Mountain Man, and it is easily removable so I can ride freely on the trails.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	990523d1432331388-2015-ss-pics-2015-05-10-15_23_55.jpg 
Views:	212 
Size:	99.0 KB 
ID:	17644

Name:	993572d1433468429-dogs-passion-2015-05-27-20_18_58.jpg 
Views:	206 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	17645

Name:	993574d1433469309-dogs-passion-2015-05-24-16_44_21.jpg 
Views:	207 
Size:	74.6 KB 
ID:	17646
    Last edited by Muirenn; 06-12-2015 at 05:00 AM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

These are great!
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.

I love ride pictures! This is from our ride to Seattle last week on the Interurban, about 60 miles. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434329645.028086.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	17650
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

I love ride pictures too! Here are two from me. I saw a sapsucker on the Sammamish River Trail on a ride a few weeks ago. A couple of days later, I got to talking with a fellow cyclist who was watching the sapsucker too. She turned out to be a wildlife biologist and she showed me the sapsucker's nesthole in a nearby tree. We have spent the last couple of weeks riding out to that area and sitting for hours, watching the parents feed their chicks, and finally, seeing the first one fledge last week! I was thrilled. Here are two pictures--one of a parent sapsucker bringing a great big bug back to a hungry baby, and another of the newly fledged chick opening its wings for the first time.

Name:	feed me 6 4 .jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	74.5 KB 
ID:	17651

Name:	hi_mom.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	100.5 KB 
ID:	17652
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Quote Originally Posted by AppleTree View Post
    I love ride pictures! This is from our ride to Seattle last week on the Interurban, about 60 miles. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1434329645.028086.jpg 
Views:	177 
Size:	93.9 KB 
ID:	17650
    AppleTree, where is this on the Interurban?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

worked a little longer in the office and was rewarded with a sunset on the commute home

‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by salsabike View Post
    AppleTree, where is this on the Interurban?
    It's in the Greenwood neighborhood, not sure of the cross street. It's a small park, but one of the few along that trail with water and bathrooms.

One of the things along the trail I love is the public artwork.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    worked a little longer in the office and was rewarded with a sunset on the commute home

What kind of camera do you use? That can't be a cell-phone!

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Oh My! Those are beautiful! How fortunate you are to live in such a beautiful area, thanks for sharing!

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	53.6 KB 
ID:	17660
    Last edited by Muirenn; 06-16-2015 at 06:19 PM.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Muirenn....i like your sunset image...and all the other images so far. hopefully this thread will give more of us a reason to want to take and share some photos.

i use a digital rangefinder for it's small size and small but excellent lenses. i can easily fit what i need in a small topeck handlebar bag with room to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    How fortunate you are to live in such a beautiful area
    for as large a population density, i do feel fortunate to have as many places to see/feel nature's beauty and calm.....but then oceans and sunsets are always kinda like that
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

Muirenn....i like your sunset image...and all the other images so far. hopefully this thread will give more of us a reason to want to take and share some photos.

i use a digital rangefinder for it's small size and small but excellent lenses. i can easily fit what i need in a small topeck handlebar bag with room to spare.

for as large a population density, i do feel fortunate to have as many places to see/feel nature's beauty and calm.....but then oceans and sunsets are always kinda like that
    These photos are all from an Iphone. Probably the worst camera phone I've had since my first cell in 2003.

I googled Rangefinder cameras. Pricey! There were a few that were more reasonable, though. Any recommendations? I did find a blog outlining them. It wouldn't be soon, but it would need to be under $800.00 or so.

I assume yours are sunrises, since that is the west coast.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 06-17-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

muirenn, a sony nex 7 was what started moving me away from a dslr. I like what sony’s been doing with mirrorless sensors and I’ve liked the image rendering of the Fujifilm cameras. Both have good camera’s in different price ranges. What i use now is because of the quality of the lenses and a camera with a sensor specifically designed for those lenses.

Flickr is a good resource for looking through photos from a particular camera and/or lens. Just click on ‘group’ after a camera or lens name search.

muirenn, a sony nex 7 was what started moving me away from a dslr. I like what sony’s been doing with mirrorless sensors and I’ve liked the image rendering of the Fujifilm cameras. Both have good camera’s in different price ranges. What i use now is because of the quality of the lenses and a camera with a sensor specifically designed for those lenses.

Flickr is a good resource for looking through photos from a particular camera and/or lens. Just click on ‘group’ after a camera or lens name search.
    Thanks, I noticed the Fuji has some at a good price (relatively). Hadn't noticed any from Sony, but I'll check. Definitely thinking 'entry level.'

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    Oh My! Those are beautiful! How fortunate you are to live in such a beautiful area, thanks for sharing!

Hiking pictures would be good, too.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!