Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Liv Flourish 1 or 2 - Available in USA?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Adhering to the n+1 rule, I'm already thinking about the next bike to stable in the Great Hall of Bikes.

Although my DH thinks my next bike should be a road bike, I've been looking at bikes with fenders, baskets, and a traditional sit-up-and-beg geometry that allows on to put a foot down while seated at stops.

Some look gorgeous yet heavy, such as Electra and Public Bikes. Others are just trendy and heavy, but still have appeal.

I recently ran across this article about some new Liv (Giant) bikes that are coming. One, the Flourish, seems to be for sale in the UK, Australia, and Germany, but not in the US. The Suede also looks good, although I'm more interested in the integrated lighting on the Flourish 1 and 2.

http://www.bicycling.com/bikes-gear/...-comfy-and-fun

Am I nuts to want a bike I can't buy yet? Am I nuts to want a bike purely for short trips to the store or lunch in normal clothes, that might be ridden late into fall and early spring evenings?

Has anyone in the UK or Germany ridden either of these bikes?

a mixte design can be lighter and an upright, short trip, grocery store, commuter and then longer rides, even your TdC, on the weekend....i see quite a few here....some new and beautifully made and a lot of older ones.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Oh yes! I've had those bookmarked all week. The Public ones, especially.

The Electras draw my eye, but probably won't get DH onboard for 1300.00USD for a lavender http://www.electrabike.com/bikes/ams...erdam Royal 8i. Their women's http://www.electrabike.com/bikes/lof...ladies]Loft 7i looks pretty good.

Still watching for news items on the Liv Flourish. My LBS guys might be able to look them up on an internal link if they're going to be released soon. Or I could get a Shimamo Dynamo hub and get a wheel made up and a big light... jeez, listen to the n00b gearhead here.

This is all to replace the Specialized Crossroads WSD that isn't a good enough fit to justify gussying her up with fenders and a basket.

Lelani, what did you end up getting, and how are you liking it? My sister just got the Liv Suede and I'm tempted to get the Suede or the Flourish.