Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

700c wheel rim stripes

To disable ads, please log-in.

As some read, I'll be picking up shortly my new 2015 Crux.

I asked the shop to not put the stickers that come with the wheels as I want to "customize" my wheels. I'd like something classy/chic and not too much as the frame and handlebar will have enough colour already. I was thinking getting some very translucent pink stripes, or whatever that would look good and catch my eye. Does not need to totally fill that rim as the bike is already good enough looking (to my taste). hihi

Pic is still missing a few things (like the bar tape that I have to bring to them and will be this colour
    bar tape
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Supacaz-BAR-TAPE-SUPER-STICKY-KUSH-Bar-Tape-Neon-Pink-Blue-SC-BT-013-0.jpg 
Views:	602 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	17629

The bike (which I have to find a name for)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2015_05_30_veloH.jpg 
Views:	747 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	17628

I tried ebay but from my search all were full decals and it was not what I had in mind.

Any idea where to look or what would look good to just enhance the wheel without looking too much.

Thank you.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

White or reflective dots? You should be able to find reflective dots pretty easily, or as tape if you want to do stripes. (I know, reflective isn't cool.)
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Thank you. I think I will go with something white as the bike is pretty colourful as it is.

I did see the tapeworks website 2 nights and like it.

And this site seems to have nice ones too. Some have letters but others are designs.
    http://www.indiprint.co.uk/zebra-pri...al-15653-p.asp

I will have more time on Sunday to look into all of those and also decide what I truly want. Don't want to overkill the look by adding too much to it but just need to have some colour (even white) on the black wheels. They are too drab otherwise.
    Helene

Muireen,
    Yes I can order to Canada, and worst case scenario, it could wait until our 2 weeks vacation in USA and I can have it delivered at campground. It's not a few weeks that would make a big difference in my life. I'll go with the fastest/cheapest $ option.

The reason I wanted something white is because when you look at my bike (pic above), is that it has a lot of blue/pink and the handlebars that you see black, will be wrapped in pink/blue bar tape. So adding more pink to the wheels may make it look too much Barbie I think. Not sure I want to attract that many look...for the wrong reasons. hihi

I don't know yet how "grippy" the bartape I got will be but certainly not as grippy as the Lizzard Skins. My huby has LSkins on his and it is sooo grippy. Too much for me. I have my gloves which are grippy and I still like some "slipperyness" to my handlebar. So clumpsy that if I have a super grip bar, I will probably hit it the wrong way and my hand will get stuck and I'll crash. hahah

I'm limited too in the colour choices for those rims since the frame is already colourful. If I had my bike's name (which no name comes to mind yet), I would have probably get some name designed tape for rims. haha

TBC..
    Helene

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    I don't have any suggestions for rim tape, but what a colorful bike! I like the blue...that is just a little lighter than the color I have for bar tape and bottle cages on my Surly (which is black). Are you sure you need color on the rims? I think the bike is pretty nice looking as it is and adding that might be too much! But then again, that's coming from a person who is perfectly happy with a black bike...
    Last edited by Jolt; 06-05-2015 at 04:21 PM.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Thank you Jolt. I don't want all the bling-bling colour on the rim, because that's the whole thing, it has enough colour on the frame and handle bar. But just the plain black I find you only see the big tires. So a fine stripe or something that would be just a fine-added touch would be good. It's too find the right tone to use that is harder.

Too little and it will be boring, too much it will take away from the frame.

And then maybe when I see my bike with the coloured bar tape on (we brought it to bike shop this morning for them to put on) I'll be satisfied with just black. Could be simply just a single thin white line like the one on a wheel of this bike. The pic is right beside the colour chart.
    http://www.indiprint.co.uk/rim-trimz-15426-p.asp#
    Helene

for a single line in a number of colors here's another option on amazon .......nice bike!
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I think I found what I want (and hubby wants some too for his bike).
    http://www.infinity270.com/collectio...-sticker-decal

They have fun slogan. Just need to decide which one and if I go with white (which is very likely) or choose coloured lettering.
    Helene