Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

From what I understand most, if not all, insurance companies consider cyclists to be pedestrians - so glad to hear that is so in your case. I hope your recovery is sooner than later! I would still have a lawyer in mind just in case legal counsel is needed.

Sorry to hear this and hoping the healing goes well….if you’re having problems sleeping and if you live in Wa. you might look into edible marijuana for that instead of your pain meds.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    Sorry to hear this and hoping the healing goes well….if you’re having problems sleeping and if you live in Wa. you might look into edible marijuana for that instead of your pain meds.
    That's a thought. I wonder if it would help with the constipation problem (totally tmi, but I haven't had a bm since weds...)

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Pain meds will do that, Laura. Have some nice vegetables. Rebecca, that's a good idea, too.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

oh, I am choc full of vegetables.

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba

Oh my yes, call your doctor if the bm thing doesn't resolve itself. You don't want that to become a significant problem.

Fwiw, my friend broke her femur in a bike crash in mid-March but she is already riding again, slower and shorter rides than before but riding nonetheless. You will need time to heal but you'll make it back too.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Yep, opiates will do that. FWIW, after my faceplant, I got way more relief from Aleve than from the Vicodin that they prescribed, though I didn't have any fractures. MJ is a good suggestion, or failing that, at least add a stool softener or Milk of Magnesia, they're pretty benign.

The second and sometimes third days are usually the worst ... hope you're hanging in there.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

DH had to quit the Vicodin after 2 days, because of the stomach issues. He used Tylenol for a week, until his surgery, and then after the clavicle surgery, he took Percocet for 2 days, and then back to the Tylenol. Vegetables did no good at all!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Hang in there, yeah opiates can have certain side effects for both stomach and sleep. Hoping things start easing soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    DH had to quit the Vicodin after 2 days, because of the stomach issues. He used Tylenol for a week, until his surgery, and then after the clavicle surgery, he took Percocet for 2 days, and then back to the Tylenol. Vegetables did no good at all!
    After my knee replacement it was colace and milk of mag for four days before anything happened, opiates just suck!

Electra Townie 7D

What a nasty accident. Hoping you heal quickly, without too many complications.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

Whoa! I just now had a chance to look at my helmet and I was very surprised to see 3 cracks in it! I didn't even think I hit my head! I almost went without my helmet when I realized I had forgotten to bring it out to the car with the bike, reasoning that since I was riding a recumbent on a trail, it wasn't as important. Now I'm feeling extra, extra lucky...

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba

Oh man - sorry to hear this happened to you. I had something similar but without any really bad consequences recently. I was turning left and someone came up to the opposite stop sign after I'd started across. I thought I made eye contact with her too, but right about when I was just in front of her she gunned it and rammed me - fortunately slowly and when I yelled (and probably her kids in the back seat yelled too….) she hit the brakes, so she just bumped me.

Don't let any police officer tell you otherwise - a driver exiting a driveway does not have the right of way a MUP is treated like a sidewalk in this case and the driver has to come to a full stop, check for pedestrians and yield.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Yeah, I learned years ago eye contact means nothing. The few who do see you are aiming for you on purpose. It's pretty much as simple as that. But holey moldy, SO glad you were wearing your helmet!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Oh Laura, I am just HORRIFIED to read this... I'm so sorry that happened to you, can't imagine how scary that must have been. Holy $hit.... Stupid, stupid drivers...YOU were in the path right in front of them and they say YOU should have yielded.... oh give me a break... Was this in Lake Stevens?? I can't think of any other industrial area along the trail there.. honest to gawd can't believe that happened. We always think we are safe on the trail. But thank heavens, as bad as it was, it wasn't even worse, and it could have been worse. I would also get a lawyer in this case, $10,000 may not be enough in the long term, if you need ongoing therapy for anything that may show up later?

What a year this has been! MY DH crashed on ice in January, broke ribs. I crashed at the Tulip Pedal in April, knocked myself out...thankfully wearing my helmet, which was cracked in two places. So we both have had ambulance rides this year, both of which were our faults (I hit a ridge on a rough patch of road near Mt. Vernon)...

Well, so glad your beloved Sparky is still there waiting for you to heal. You WILL heal and get back in the saddle again... for now just take the time you need to rest and recover. Oh and good luck with the constipation..., my DH went through that when he took his pain meds for his ribs... it was not fun or easy to get that resolved. He needed more than "fiber" to get things moving again, if you know what I mean.
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"