Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think I just don't see enough men other than business wear/business casual (where I work) or outside of their cycling clothes, casual street clothes. No, the guys I know don't wear baseball caps regularily at all.

I probably live in a sheltered/narrow world.

Just a small amusing point: Dearie's son who will be 35, occasionally wears a wool toque, yea..in his butcher sandwich shop that he runs. Dearie believes his son is trying to hide his balding patch of hair at back of his head. Dearie is polite about it and doesn't egg him further.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Around here, men/boys/teens wear baseball caps all the time. The majority do not take them off when inside. My DH wears one, but always removes it when he enters a building.

Yeah, I've stopped noticing. My own colleagues don't wear headgear indoors, but my climbing friends of all ages do.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

In my work environment none wear ball caps. Out of work, some do but rarely.

I wear one only when mowing my grass to cut the sun from preventing me seeing the lines I'm mowing. hihi I hate wearing one anyway. Not good for hair and retains too much heat.

I cannot stand seeing someone with a cap on all the time! No matter what their reasons can be.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

Come to think of it, I do have a coworker who wears a hat/cap indoors. She's young and cute and has a sort of artistic fashion sense, and wears a small soft beret at times. Looks nice on her and I don't think anyone would find it offensive. And come to think of it, some of the younger computer support geeks wear caps indoors.
    In general I think hats or caps are a bit different from covering up "boobs and butt", more like an inoffensive fashion choice.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

For me, hats are a total non-issue--they don't even get on my radar screen.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

I don't equate the hat issue with "covering boobs and butt," either. But this was a significant on-going issue at every school i worked at, no matter where it was, starting in about 1995.
    And it is a personal pet peeve of mine. Does it matter in the total scheme of things? No, but it bugs me, seems just bad manners.
    But hey, I wore white gloves to parties as a kid and I made my own kids write thank you notes and no jeans to religious school... you can call me old, or old fashioned, but despite my liberal attitude about most things in life, I think everyone just looked nicer and more put together back in the day (pre 1967 or so). I know a lot of people don't care and think it's silly, but generally, I do care about stuff like this.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport