Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829

Thread: Hiking

To disable ads, please log-in.

That is so cool, Emily. Sounds like areas of central and western MA.
    Northwoods, using the All trails app is like having GPS, you follow a "line" of a route that is already recorded, and you can see the other stuff around you, to take alternates. I have a good sense of direction, but not when I get in the woods. I just get anxious, even when we have the tools. DH has a horrible sense of direction and relies on technology for everything. I once (many years ago) let him take the wrong turn out of a theatre in downtown Phoenix when we were going home. For a second, I thought we might be going out for dessert, but no, we were heading toward north Phoenix, when we lived south, in Tempe, and had for many years. He just kept driving and I waited to see how long it took it to realize it! He is much better now, since living in MA forces you to work on this, with rambling country roads and names of streets that do not make sense.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	16905038_10158806820415131_2658824282488764689_o.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	121.7 KB 
ID:	18286  
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Cute photo, Crankin!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

It wasn't really a hike yesterday, but I did go for a 2.5 mile walk yesterday with a friend and I drug her to an ice cream shop that just sprang up while we were on the canal tow path. That's my story at least 😎

All joking aside, I DO still have shin splints in one leg, but I figure if I ramp up slowly this year and avoid that 10 mile trail this year that it will be OK. Probably should avoid more than 6 miles over a weekend until I know for sure it's healed.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

It's April 1st and snowing. Not a lot of snow, but, it's been coming down for about 24 hours, with about 2-3 inches of wet snow, as it's above freezing now. Today we went to the Stow Town Forest and hiked up and down and up and down 2 loops of the hill, plus a lttle more, for a grand total of 2.3 miles. It took 55 minutes and was tough going, hiking in the wet snow, which felt like glue. No need for the microspikes and definitely not snow shoes, either. We ascended up the steeper side of Gardiner Hill, went down another side and then back up a different trail and back down the same way as the first descent. When we were almost back to the car, we saw a couple x country skiing; I cannot imagine skiing in the crap I was in today. Plus, post holes and dirt spots.
    It was great to get outside, though and glad I did this, instead of tabata class.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport