Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ruby and dolce

To disable ads, please log-in.

So.... I found a Ruby Apex Compact (2012) essentially new, barely used at all... and got a great deal on it!
    2015 Specialized Vita Elite
    2012 Specialized Ruby Apex Compact

Great!! Have fun with it!!

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    So glad for you!!

Pictures, or it didn't happen!
    This!☺
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rubyapexcompact.jpg 
Views:	302 
Size:	75.1 KB 
ID:	17630

Just one for tonight... so tired! Thank you all for your help with my dilemma. I love her so much

Nice bike! Ride with joy.

Very nice!
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

So I did a 36 mile charity type ride today on my Vita Elite for the first time ever! I really, really enjoyed it! It was the Tour de Cure for diabetes. I actually want to find more of those types of rides to do.

And then... I took little Ruby out for a short 12 mile ride this evening... she is pretty darn nice, and I actually really enjoy the SRAM Apex shifters. I mean I really like them, they are so much easier for me to reach when in the drops than it was with the Shimano shifters I tried. She's just plain fun. I am not sure that I will take her out by myself... would almost prefer that my fiance is with me when I take her out, because I'm still a little nervous. But oh, how nice it was that literally, I shift my weight and she turns so easily. It's like riding a really well trained horse - without the inevitable buck of joy! Not sure how I feel about clipping in at this point... I'll probably just stay with flat pedals for now and consider it down the road.

I really need to get her to a LBS to have them check her over just to be safe. I would kill to ride her again tomorrow, but I have an all day commitment Sadness!

Thanks for reading!

Congratulations on having the patience to wait and find "The One". May you have many safe and enjoyable miles together over the years.

1990 Univega Alpina/(stock) gel saddle
    2009 Specialized Dolce Elite/BG Lithia saddle
    2009 Jamis Coda Sport/Selle Royale Respiro saddle
    2010 Jamis Aurora/Jamis Touring Sport saddle

Hooray for you, Palomino bet, and well done on your ride! We have a lot in common, I'm riding 40 miles in the local Tour de Cure on MY Vita Elite next Sunday.

Also a new Clipless pedal user, and the weather is keeping me from practicing. So far, one easy (more or less planned) fall for me.

The Ruby sounds nice, my DH is advocating for a road bike next and wants to hand-me-down his when he upgrades, but our LBS guru nixed that on size issues. We'll see

+1 on nixing the hand me down, especially if you are not the same size. Sizing for road bikes really needs to be dialed in.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I'm taller than DH, and his frame is a bit small for him so he has an upgraded stem. When/if I graduate to a road bike, fit will need to be right.

Quote Originally Posted by Lelani Carver View Post
    Hooray for you, Palomino bet, and well done on your ride! We have a lot in common, I'm riding 40 miles in the local Tour de Cure on MY Vita Elite next Sunday.

Also a new Clipless pedal user, and the weather is keeping me from practicing. So far, one easy (more or less planned) fall for me.

The Ruby sounds nice, my DH is advocating for a road bike next and wants to hand-me-down his when he upgrades, but our LBS guru nixed that on size issues. We'll see
    Awesome!

Hooray. I want to find more people into biking locally.. too bad you are not in Philly