Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

High end 24" full suspension mountainbikes

To disable ads, please log-in.

Not sure what I think of this discussion I found over on mountainbike forums, but wanted to share this crazy list (do people really spend $3500.00 on a kid's bike!?

The Norco wasn't so bad, and maybe one more. But I thought perhaps a very petit rider might enjoy the list, so I decided to bring it over. (And, well, the bikes are cute!!).

Some of them can be converted to 26" wheels. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by ProjectMayhem View Post
    The choices are:

Trek Fuel Ex Jr $1979.99 Privacy information ? Trek Bicycle

Norco Fluid 4.3 $1485 https://www.norco.com/bikes/mountain...luid/fluid-43/

Transition Ripcord $1699 https://www.transitionbikes.com/2015/Bikes_Ripcord.cfm

Commencal Supreme 24 $2045 Supreme 24 | Commencal 2015

Lil Shredder Phenom $3495 Kids DH Bike | Lil Shredder Phenom | Lil Shredder Bikes

Propain Yuma $1875 Youth bike YUMA DH / PROPAIN Bikes

Specialized Camber Grom $2200 Specialized Bicycle Components

Kona Stinky 24 $2500 (?) KONA BIKES | 2015 BIKES | KIDS' | STINKY 24

If I've missed any let me know.

Now imagine money, isn't no object and rules out the Lil Shredder. Which bike would you go for?

I still can't afford any of them, but I can dream...

Have to admit, I like the Stinky just for its name. Okay, it's a cool bike, too.

Edit: The links didn't really transfer due to forum incompatibility, here is the original discussion
    Last edited by Muirenn; 05-16-2015 at 07:15 PM.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

Since I've been spending tons of time lately on forums related to home renovations, I'd say the people who spend $3500 on a kid's bike are probably the same ones who can afford real marble on the walls and floors of bathrooms that are larger than my living room.

I've never heard of some of these brands. Is that just because I'm not that into mountain biking?

- Gray Trek Madone 4.7 road bike, mystery crack in top tube repaired by Calfee, Bontrager Affinity RXL saddle
    - Red Trek 6000 mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver Trek 2000 road bike
    - Two awesome and worn out Juliana saddles

I think true, on both accounts.

Main reason I posted was I remember quite a few times where so one posted looking for high end mb's for their 4'9" girlfriend, only to find they couldn't locate one. Same goes for locating a reasonably lightweight 1500 dollar setup.
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

I had a Norco FS mountain bike in a size small, when in reality, I should have probably had at least the X-small, or maybe even the kid's bike. I think that had a lot to do with why I never "got" mountain biking, although some of it was my own fear. So, it's good to know.
    DS bought his first bike, a mountain bike, with money he got for his Bar Mitzvah and some babysitting money, when he was 13. He was still pretty short then, around my height. That was in 1998, and it was I think, around $8-900.00, so probably more like the $1,500.00 bikes you listed. It was a hard tail, though. He sold it to one of DH's co-workers for 300.00, when he got into road racing heavily and was sick of getting hurt on the mtb.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura