I currently have a Polar CS500+c (wind) on my road bike.

If I want to keep using my computer on the new (which will be our second bike) Crux I'm going to have to buy 2 sensors - plus magnet and holder for the wheels. Might as well say the whole thing, but the computer itself. Just the 2 sensors (speed and cadence) are nearing $135cdn...paid $200 (bargain from bike shop 2 years ago) for my toy.

Now I was looking to maybe use a simple one on the Crux (and just forget all the bling bling). I don't care much about technology (husband does!!!) and I'm just happy with my speed and kilometers ridden. Husband is keener on getting something with cadence...I don't care! Sure it is a nice-to-have but not that useful for me. I just want to roll..not check every minute my cadence, my speed, my watts (on trainer!). I don't need the HR monitor on it because I wear my Mio Alpha 2 watch and it is good enough with flashing light to know which range I'm in.

Sooooo. what would be your best, simplest gadget for this? CatEye? I would prefer less buttons and bigger numbers.