Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

basic cycling computer

To disable ads, please log-in.

I currently have a Polar CS500+c (wind) on my road bike.

If I want to keep using my computer on the new (which will be our second bike) Crux I'm going to have to buy 2 sensors - plus magnet and holder for the wheels. Might as well say the whole thing, but the computer itself. Just the 2 sensors (speed and cadence) are nearing $135cdn...paid $200 (bargain from bike shop 2 years ago) for my toy.

Now I was looking to maybe use a simple one on the Crux (and just forget all the bling bling). I don't care much about technology (husband does!!!) and I'm just happy with my speed and kilometers ridden. Husband is keener on getting something with cadence...I don't care! Sure it is a nice-to-have but not that useful for me. I just want to roll..not check every minute my cadence, my speed, my watts (on trainer!). I don't need the HR monitor on it because I wear my Mio Alpha 2 watch and it is good enough with flashing light to know which range I'm in.

Sooooo. what would be your best, simplest gadget for this? CatEye? I would prefer less buttons and bigger numbers.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

Thank you Muirenn.

I will look into it. Hubby has the Edge 500 and he really likes his (and I like my Polar). I find the reading on Polar is easier than the Edge.
    Helene

going to our bike shop in a few moments (yippppeeee the weekend in 15 minutes) and I will look at what he has in stock for "cheap". Who knows...since we are getting 2 Crux from him (but for my own frame that comes from USA), he may make myself another "can't-pass-away" deal.

If not, I will search the web for a planet. I think.
    Helene

This is what my shop has at 65$. Probably could get it at 40 to 50% off
    http://m.specialized.com/ca/en/ftb/c...sport-wireless

she did show me also a cateye. Of course they have all the big ones like edge 1000 at over 900$ lol

So now I will compare yours with the spec one.
    Helene