Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Bonne chance! I'm going to look at the Invite tomorrow, which is what drew me to this thread. I see it went off in a different direction

Check in with Johnny Sprockets in Chicago and with Twenty 20 Cycling in Baltimore.

Quote Originally Posted by Helene2013 View Post
    Edited to add:
    Found one in Montpelier, VT. The guy can order it for me (he said there is only one 49cm left in Eastern warehouse) but I have to pay ahead of time. No issue there. Just waiting for him to confirm he can truly get it before I cough out so much money via my credit card. It is only 2hrs away from us so I could pick it up while we go camping. It would be cool. My LBS will assemble it for me. At the price the store in VT is making it for me, my shop owner said to go grab it as only one is available. No time to waste. So now I'm waiting for that man to get back to me with the next step.
    Oh, I had missed this paragraph! How cool is that!? I have my fingers crossed for you. The colorway in that frameset is gorgeous. What a fun project. I hope you keep posting pictures as you 'bling' your new ride. I think I'm not the only one willing to aid and abet others in the eternal quest for that nicest of "n+1" bikes.

Yeah. Went to a totally different direction. hihi

Good news. The bike is on hold for me directly from Specialized and to be delivered to this Montpelier bike shop sometimes next week or beginning of the other one. I was in no hurry as I have already camping trip booked in the area for the May long weekend. So would pick it up then. That will save me the shipping cost, or the same day trip (they are about 2hrs from our home in Montreal). Same day trip would end up costing me about $350 in duties and taxes. When staying 48hrs our tax exemption is a max of $800. So if I pay something on the bike when returning to Canada, it would be minimal. So camping there will be a cheaper alternative and we can go shopping in Burlington at the same time, and ride our current bikes.
    Last edited by Helene2013; 04-09-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: was missing a word in first sentence! oups.

You will have so much fun with this bike!

I can be a bad influence... let me know what kinds of bike bling you are after.

Don't know what is on the market for handbar tape. So will have to look up what will work with this new frame.

He, he... the glossy tape from Fizik is super nice, in my opinion. I've used the red one and seen the pink (it looks very cool, logo and all), and the white can work well with your frame. I actually use the fizik gel pads under their tape for some extra cushioning (gravel is bumpy). Some people like Lizard Skins ones, but I am not a fan of the texture.

I still think, though, pink hubs on custom wheels. Tubeless ready if you can.

oh yes..I could ask my LBS to put some pink hubs. I need to call him tomorrow to order my husband's Crux (he's taking the standard white one - he's not fussy like me hihi) and will talk to him about the hub (if I order, and he'll do it for me).

For tape, as long as it's fun looking, I'm willing. I want a fun bike. Not like my serious/boring Amira. hahahah

Here's are some pics of the White Ind hubs... and while you are planning, get some socks (socks are important and these bright pink).

edited to add more bad influences: and you need a seat post collar, too.
    Last edited by pll; 04-09-2015 at 03:34 PM.

You are getting carried away aren't you. Lol

Pink clothes, I'm good as I bought a lot when I had my kuota. Got carried away. Lol

Pink hub. Hubby said I had to be careful as not all is possible, unless I get wheels from scratch and it would be costly. Bike comes with disc brakes and it is those wheels on : AXIS 2.0 Disc wheels. He looked and not much on the market as those wheels have not been on market that long yet.

But could do pink collar, or something for stem and match the bike colour instead of black.

My pink wardrobe is limited to socks and a stripe in a couple of jerseys. Yeah, it's fun to day dream about a bike build, even if by proxy. The wheels would need to be custom. There is plenty of time in the future.

Lots of time if not in a hurry to ride that is.... lol and i have already stretched my budget by getting a frameset, not even from Canada...exchange rate is about 30%, plus having a shop build it up for me. Instead of a 2k bike, watch this turn into a 3k one....and it is only a 2nd bike. Not my prime. Although hubby is afraid I may no longer use my Amira. Lol so what, worst case is I sell the Amira. Nothing there. Lol

Congrats, Helene.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Check on the wheels thing with your shop. A nice, handbuilt wheelset can cost anywhere between $600-$1000. An equivalent nice factory built wheelset probably north of $1000. The Crux E5 stock wheelsets are DT Swiss Axis 2.0 and they weigh 2.1kg. Check how much they will charge you for those (they can be found in ebay for less than $250, 'new bike take off'. If you tinker with the wheelbuilder.com custom wheel screens, you can get a sense of how much a custom wheelset would cost you (presumably your bike shop could make them for less) and how much they would weigh. I was never a believer in custom wheels, but the women in this forum changed my mind.

Thanks. Will look it up over the weekend. I think we're going to our LBS tonight to order my husband's Crux if the owner is there. I'l talk to him about pimping my bike and his recommendations.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike