Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Specialized Ruby comp and sizing help.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hey, I'm new to cycling and would like some help with my 1st bike. I found a Specialized Ruby comp on Craigslist for what I think is a good price($500), but I'm not sure if it's the right size for me. It is a woman's extra small, 44cm, I'm 5'2" with a 28"(I think) inseam . Does anyone have a clue if it would be to small or fit okay?

I should go to my LBS and get properly measured I know, but I'm currently at work and am going to take a break in a few hours to go pick it up, so I don't have time to do that.

I hope someone can help me. Thanks!

I'm not quite 5'2" , more 5' 1/2", hoping for a growth spurt! I ride a 48" Ruby Comp. It's by no means too small. I think I could probably ride a 44". I know others in our size range ride either the 44 or 48. Muirenn has given great advice on meeting at a bike store for fit and inspection. Seems like a great price if it fits and is in good shape.
    2011 Specialized Ruby Comp
    2015 Giant Liv Tempt 3

I'm 5'1" and ride a 44 cm Ruby Comp. I'm very comfortable on it. The first ride out, I felt a little bit scrunched, but my old bike was really too big and I was too stretched out on it. I've had it since 2011- over 18,000 miles on it!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143