Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Surgeon says it could be a couple of things, but most likely a ganglion. Chopping will commence on the 16th. She only does surgeries on Thursdays and she's out next week.

She gave me the choice of a local or the kind that makes you loopy but doesn't put you completely out. I voted for local.

Then she said we'll call you with how much you owe at the time of service and I was out of there. That all took about 2 minutes and $340. Thankfully since I've met my deductible I only had to pay $17.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Has anyone mentioned a glomus tumor? I had one removed from the pad of my thumb last Spring. It feels like a small lump, is quite painful when your finger gets cold and is extremely painful if you accidentally strike your thumb against something, especially hitting the thumb nail itself.

Even though it's called a tumor it's not cancerous, but it can grow back after removal if they do not get it all out. Glomus rumors are not very common. I've been a RN for 27 yrs and had never heard of it until I started searching the Internet with my symptoms. My hand surgeon quickly confirmed the diagnosis.

Thanks for the information Sharon. I ended up waiting on the surgery as my insurance decided the doc is out of network and I haven't gotten around to finding another one yet.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse