Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

See though, comparing crash rates on segregated routes vs integrated streets completely misses my point about rider and driver education and behavior. How does the overall crash rate in the census metropolitan area change after segregated routes are added?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

A street very close to home is being resurfaced right now, with bike lanes to be added during the final re-striping. It has on-street parking now, so it remains to be seen whether the bike lane will turn out to be too narrow, too close to the door zone, or both. As a very tentative road rider myself, I'm at least encouraged that my local town is finally doing something about cycle routes.

It turns out my street is considered a "bike route," so we're thinking of putting together some kind of "cyclist network" signing in our window. DH is doing a simple website, simpler than a couch-surfing site, where cyclists could check for a bike friendly location that offers air pumps, water, and so on (without actually opening our home up to strangers). We'd have to clean out the garage and make a space where cyclists could find the bike pump, and maybe a water cooler in the summer months.

Wow, what a cool idea Lelani! Kudos to you and your hubby!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler