Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Corrall Western Boots (Cowboy/girl. Whatever).

To disable ads, please log-in.

Anyone own a pair? I just ordered some. The reviews seemed to love them. But I can't tell if it was due to overall quality, or just a cool design.

Here they are.

Overkill on the design? I really like them. But I always thought I'd get some cognac, simple boots. (I've wanted boots for years and years, just never got them).
    So long as the wheels are still turning, life is good.

Battswebb

Pinarello Quattro~CAADX~ Zurich Lemond
    Specialized Romin Saddles

Surly Krampus!

No one? Anyone want to comment on other brands or styles?

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

I have 2 pair of cowboy boots, but not like that. Those are really cool. Personally, I don't find cowboy boots all that comfortable, so I'd never buy without seeing them in person and trying them on.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I have 2 pair of cowboy boots, but not like that. Those are really cool. Personally, I don't find cowboy boots all that comfortable, so I'd never buy without seeing them in person and trying them on.
    I did have a pair of Justins, once. but they were almost 2 sizes too large (they were men's), so I gave them away.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    I ended up ordering some Luccheses in a much more subdued style. Pricey, but something I won't get tired of and suddenly decide they are too fru-fru for me. Plus, Zappos has free returns and a good policy on that altogether. If they don't fit, I can special order the same ones in a particular size from Lucchese. I may need a size 10.5. These were 10's, they didn't stock 10.5, but that is typical. If they fit, great.

Here they are!

(May have gone overboard).

Thanks for your help. Your comment about them not being comfortable made me decide to look for brands rated high for comfort and higher quality materials. We'll see.
    Last edited by Muirenn; 03-30-2015 at 09:09 AM.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

Definitely pricey, but they look really nice and seems like good quality. Good choice!
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Murienn, I clicked on your original link and now I am getting cowboy boot ads all over Facebook...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Murienn, I clicked on your original link and now I am getting cowboy boot ads all over Facebook...
    Sorry! The original link was from a different vendor. The second add is from Zappos.

I regularly clear my internet history to reduce the amount of those adds.

Battswebb

Surly Krampus!

I think I had just done that right before I clicked.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Gorgeous! I wish I had the style to wear them. I like the first pair the best, but the other ones are great, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Oh Facebook. Such bad behavior. That will happen for any website you visit that advertised on Facebook. DH monitors our home traffic (in an IT security way, not in a tracking what I do way - since I know someone will ask). We thought my computer had a virus - nope - just Facebook phoning home about *everything* I was doing on my computer. Now, I only open it when I will actually be using it, and it's in a private browser with all scripting disabled. No more hijacked internet connection.

Cool boots! I had some Frye's, but sold them on eBay. They were too heavy for me, and my (picky) knees hated them. Still have some other Frye's (not cowboy style) that I love.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I know and accept it will happen for anything I click on Facebook. I click those things because I actually am interested in it. Usually they are things i already have some relationship with, as in TE shows up a lot.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

So Facebook doesn't just track what you click on Facebook - it tracks things you open in other tabs or windows in your browser. To me, that's creepy. For example, I searched for a dress to wear to a wedding on Nordstrom's website while Facebook wasn't open. I saw the dress I looked at in an ad every time I logged into Facebook for a month.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I've always lusted a little after these ever since Lise from this forum posted a picture of them: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/250090585527973263/
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Blueberry, I used to find it creepy, but now I don't. I'd rather see ads for stuff that I am interested in, rather than ads for "mature, male, Christian singles," that clearly I am not looking for! And actually, sometimes I buy things based on those ads. It's no different than when I used to shop in stores and displays would call to me or ads in magazines. I search for everything on line, so it is kind of useful to me. We have lots of security on our computers, but DH trolls the Internet a lot for deals on the expensive European clothes he likes to wear, and ends up buying them for really reasonable prices. We could never go into stores to do this. I stopped seeing the boots after a couple of days...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura