Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

MRI time, he thinks I have a problem. Hopefully it won't take a week for them to schedule it.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    MRI time, he thinks I have a problem. Hopefully it won't take a week for them to schedule it.
    Here's to hoping it's not too bad. Good luck and I hope you get in soon!
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Breast scans came out ok - in that while the nodule is still there, it hasn't grown much and I just need to get another diagnostic mammo next year.
    Yay!
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Hopefully they can get me in soon, I've got to use THEIR insurance process of course. He thinks there is damage to the internal knee structure rather than ligament damage. Ugh. That still doesn't mean that surgery is required however, so am trying to not read too much into it. That being said, my 2+ block walk to the office has become a real problem. Taking this afternoon off, see what things feel like in the morning. I have to work...

There WERE closer parking lots to my building, but they've all been ripped up in the last month to put in hotels and housing units.

I feel for you, if I couldn't be dropped off at the door there is no way I could even try going back to work next week.

Electra Townie 7D

Aw man, Catrin, I sure hope there's nothing with your knee that time won't heal, but the walk to your office and back is a problem! Could you use crutches if necessary?

On a positive note, glad you didn't get any bad news re. your breast scan. One thing at a time!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

I am far too clutzy for crutches, and the pavement is too broken up for that anyway. I DO still have my cane from my 2004 foot surgery and am using that for support on longer walks. Picked up a sleeve knee support on my doctor's recommendation and that seem to help, it is a stopgap measure until we learn more.

Hope you get your MRI scheduled soon and that it turns out to be something that will heal quickly. Take good care.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I hope so as well Oakleaf. I am trying to stay off the "symptom" websites - you know, the ones that always wind up telling you that your wounded body part will fall off or that you are going to die?

Today was my first full day back at work and I am exhausted. I did pick up a sleeve type of knee brace and it seemed to help and used a cane for the very slow 2 block hike from my car, but man my knee was swollen when I got home.

I DID go to my KB training group last night...I figured that was safer than being antsy from inactivity around my kettlebell herd. Coach had me do things seated, very short sets that didn't impact my lower body. As light as it was, I could tell what has happened to my overall energy levels - likely from my body healing from the multiple insults done it Monday.

I talked with workman's comp adjuster today and she has approved the MRI, I should hear from their selected provider on Monday to get it scheduled.

Yeah, good plan to stay off THOSE websites. But, a good anatomy chart has always been super useful to me in communicating with practitioners and identifying to myself what exactly is bothering me. Rest and heal ...

My doctor told me long ago to stop consulting " Dr. Google." ☺
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by thekarens View Post
    My doctor told me long ago to stop consulting " Dr. Google." ☺
    Indeed, always a good idea. My only problem with the anatomy charts is I wind up being more confused than when I started. Something about them, guess it is good I didn't try to go into medicine or physical therapy I AM working on a better understanding of knee anatomy.

Make sure you use an updated chart then that shows the anterolateral ligament. They only definitively identified it a couple of years ago!

Indeed, always a good idea. My only problem with the anatomy charts is I wind up being more confused than when I started. Something about them, guess it is good I didn't try to go into medicine or physical therapy I AM working on a better understanding of knee anatomy.
    See I love them! Of course, my current thinking is that I'll try to match in ortho after med school, so one would hope Part of the problem with looking at the charts is they don't necessarily tell you when I'll feel pain if one or the other structure is injured.

Hang in there, and I'm so sorry to hear you're going through this much frustration! I actually had a WC knee issue about 6 years ago (fell going into the building) - and I remember the mess that was scheduling the PT, MRI, etc. with their providers. Total headache.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

I tried to look up images related to the anterolateral ligament and could really only find actual surgery images....shiver. My coach seems to think it likely a meniscus injury but time will tell. I am walking a bit easier, but still wind up hopping downstairs and the knee just doesn't feel right. I do wonder about the actual patella and the two collateral ligaments. Hopefully I've simply bruised the inside patella lining and p'od my "runner's knee" and arthritis. At least, once this is done, we will know exactly what is wrong with my knee.

All in all, given what has happened, I consider myself to be quite lucky. The overall scale and scope of injuries could have been far worse given a full force face plant on concrete!