Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Actually, I'm going to say hold off on the leather saddle. For now.

The Selle Italia Monolink is 131 mm, which might work, and is designed to be 'friction free' in the area you need. Competitive Cyclist has a white version for 89.00, and they always take returns.

http://www.competitivecyclist.com/se...edition-saddle

It looks like they have a 'special' where you can get a carbon seat post, high-end mono link saddle with carbon rails for about 300 dollars. Yuck. Ignore those! You can purchase the saddle on sale with no seat post. (heh, I've never recommended anyone on TE use this saddle, most of use can't fit on it. Too bad, cause it's a great saddle otherwise).

Future reference. A Selle Italia Turbomatic might work, even though it's 153 mm, because it's so domed that there is much less seating area than expected. And it's very T-shaped and friction free. It's available both with and without a cutout.

Just to verify: you are measuring the outside distance of your bones, and not the center to center, correct? If it is c to c, then you need something much wider.
    I'm just a bit confused; the saddle looks great but wouldn't I need the special mono link post to use it on my bike if I just have a standard two rail version?

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    You should contact Selle Italia and ask. I think there was an older version that did not come with a seat post. Regardless, you need to buy from somewhere that you can return it. I forgot about that when I mentioned it.

Between the two I mentioned, I'd try the Turbomatic, first. It's available with and without a cutout. Do you know if you need one? And Ribble Cycles and Wiggle both have it at a good price. You are in Queensland, correct?

The Turbo is firm. Promise.
    Yes in Queensland I've seen that Selle Italia now have a friction free range of their slr and flite saddles; would the flite friction free be better than the turbo in regards to the flatter back profile? I was measured again the other day at the bike shop who do specialized saddles and after much humming and harring he put me on a jett 130mm saddle which was okay - slightly narrow in the back but thin enough to get rid of the chafing, except my lady bits were a bit squished. Worried the turbo might be slightly too narrow with the curved back so would the flite friction free be a good alternative? The slr friction free might be a bit firm if I use my bike for commuting to uni a lot and can't wear shorts? Thanks Muireen - and yes you do need the special seat post
    Last edited by annabanana2; 06-07-2015 at 04:18 PM.