Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

"nekkid" ride first day of spring

To disable ads, please log-in.

Happy Spring Solstice/ First Day of Spring.

Todays' ride was the first time this year I managed to ride in a not wool undergarment, a short sleeved jersey in summer weight, shorts instead of tights, socks that were not wool, no wool beanie and or gaiter and short fingered gloves. I figure that I instantly lost about 2 pounds by the changing the wardrobe. The extra plus was that it was not humid in spite of the clouds and the temperature was in the 80's. Glorious feeling of freedom!
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

It was only about 45 when we rode last night, so we were still pretty bundled-up. But earlier in the week we rode when it was nearly 60 and it felt liberating to have bare knees (still wore knee-high wool socks), just a lightweight LS wool top, and lightweight FF gloves. I can't wait until it is well over 60 and I can have bare arms, too! Now it's back to hitting a high of only ~40 and our warmest day in the 10-day forecast only has a high of 51, but the worst is definitely behind us. Just a few more weeks and we should be seeing a good # of 50-60º days. Just hard to be patient after even 1-2.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

That's Ok, Marni, because on the first day of spring, I went x country skiing!
    It's warm enough for me to ride now, but it snowed in the AM, leaving the streets a wet mess of chemical treatments.
    Next weekend. This is my latest start, ever.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

You made me think WNBR day was early this year and I missed it …..still in June though.

Yours was a fitting welcome to the return of the sun’s direct rays from their southern hemisphere vacation!!! Hoping warmth comes soon to the eastern U.S. for those waiting for the warmth of Persephone's spring of rebirth, hope and harmony.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

I am dreaming of that day... It is still sub-freezing here in the Northeast. Getting pretty tired of these cold temps. Supposed to hit 57 on Thursday, but then back down into the 30s on the weekend.

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

yesterdays ride was much better. A comfortable mid 70's with full sun. Saw Bluebonnets in respectably large patches and Indian paintbrush. Even had our usual 15 mph. headwind.

We rode the notorious Cushatte road outside of Belleville. 9 miles long /16 rollers and or hills 10 of which require a down shift. Challenging in a headwind!
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."