Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

3/19/15--high quality stolen bikes found in Seattle.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just fyi, folks--in case any of you have had a bike stolen, you might want to look at this to see if it's there.

http://spdblotter.seattle.gov/2015/0...aigslist-bust/
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

The SPD does some good work on bike theft. I learned last year they have a twitter account that gives details on stolen/found bikes and also unclaimed ones get donated to some great causes like Alaffia, which provides bikes to women and school children in Africa.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Quote Originally Posted by rebeccaC View Post
    The SPD does some good work on bike theft. I learned last year they have a twitter account that gives details on stolen/found bikes and also unclaimed ones get donated to some great causes like Alaffia, which provides bikes to women and school children in Africa.
    Yes, they seem to take bike theft seriously. They also recovered the nearly 50 extremely valuable bikes stolen from Cascade Bike Works.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

That's interesting to hear about SPD. When I filed my report with them 2 years ago regarding my stolen Casseroll, they seemed very unconcerned. I had a very strong feeling that nothing would be done to try & locate it.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN

I think they do better with big thefts like the Cascade Bicycle Studio one than they do with individual theft reports.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks