Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SynviscOne

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thinking about you Snap, hope you're feeling better! I hear you about not being able to exercise as you want to right now...Hang in there!

Hey Catrin, thanks! I go back to my ortho today for a recheck. The knee is feeling so much better, the swelling is down and I'm walking normally! Maybe I'll be able to start back to my workouts next week, I'm still taking the anti-inflammatory drugs, so we'll see.

Quote Originally Posted by snapdragen View Post
    Hey Catrin, thanks! I go back to my ortho today for a recheck. The knee is feeling so much better, the swelling is down and I'm walking normally! Maybe I'll be able to start back to my workouts next week, I'm still taking the anti-inflammatory drugs, so we'll see.
    Excellent news! Hope he cuts you loose so you can get back to what you enjoy.

Electra Townie 7D

Six weeks of PT.

Poop.

Electra Townie 7D

Six weeks of PT.
    My PT is usually a willing accomplice in my getting back out there and doing stuff....hoping yours is too!
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

Yeah, he is. Wants me to take it easy on the leg workouts for now, since my knee is still swollen, but he has no problem with me starting back with my trainer. *Yay!*

Yeah, he is. Wants me to take it easy on the leg workouts for now, since my knee is still swollen, but he has no problem with me starting back with my trainer. *Yay!*
    Progress, congratulations!

Hope you see some progress soon.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Reopening my year old thread.

Went back yesterday to get another set of injections of Synvisc One. It was a year ago for the last injections (both knees). It was still good when in January I broke my tibial plateau. So whatever good effects I had in my knees, went away with the impact of the fracture.

So yesterday morning the ortho who is following me now did both knees at once. No numbing...mimimal pain. Felt like a bee sting. Seriously. I was afraid to get those injections in without beind numbed before, due to past experiences. He said although injection is no fun, he will not hurt me. At least should feel the same as any needle going in. He was right. He said he does not "play" with the needle in the cavity and injects the gel verrrry slowly. So true. So I was out of there within minutes with 2 knees done.

I still have swelling in the right knee, like last time. Resting and taking Aleve, and icing it once in a while. Should be fine in a few days. This knee is very much damaged so I was expecting it. The other knee, no pain, no swelling.

I will be able to resume my activities on Monday.

So we'll see how long the swelling will take to resume.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike