Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SynviscOne

To disable ads, please log-in.

So far it's been 5 months since I got my injections in the knees and last night I had a physiotherapist appointment for ankle pain. She was testing things and said to squat for her and my squats were low (like sitting on a chair) and very very minimal pain. So I think the SynviscOne is still working. Yeah.

I cannot push on the knees too much as they will never be back to my 20s, but so far, the treatment is helping a lot.

Just thought I'd report so those who are interested, may like to read such results. Although I know for some people, it does not work at all. But for me, so far, so good.
    Helene
    Riding a 2014 Specialized Amira LS4 Expert - aka The Zebra!
    2015 Specialized Crux e5 - aka Bora Bora bike

I'll be going back in for another injection, mine lasted almost a year. Just this last week, my knee has been "locking up" and generally misbehaving. It's not to the point where I can't do my workouts, but it's noticeable. Waiting for my ortho to call me back.

I got my injection on Monday, by Tuesday my knee was swollen, I can barely walk. Wheee. Waiting for a call back from my dr.

That sucks, Snap, hope it gives you a break soon.

Electra Townie 7D

Ugh Snap, feel better soon.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

whew. That is NOT fun at all. Hoping the swelling has diminished since you wrote this. Have you tried icing it?

I know here they refuse to do both knees at once just in case, like yours. Never had issues with swelling, or it was minimal.

Was it the same product they injected (I know they have different types). I prefer Synvisc and had Orthovisc before. Did not like the Ortho one. Although they are supposed to be "egg-free" I think for ortho, I had excellent results with Syn so I stick with it.

So far so good and no pain re-appearing...I will take this for as long as it works. Which I know is not forever.
    Helene

I'm hating my knee today. Doc says that it should feel better in a day or two. Thank goodness for Door Dash, I had dinner delivered tonight.

It was Synvisc, doc says just because I had no reaction before, doesn't mean I shouldn't react this time. I'm icing and taking Aleve.....and wishing I hadn't disposed of all the various narcotics I had from my surgeries.

Oh....and my last shot lasted about 8 months, which isn't bad. Hope you continue to be pain free Helene2013.

Soooo...my knee did not get better. Called my doc, he called back today and told me to COME IN NOW. They ended up draining about 8 oz of fluid off my knee. It was an allergic reaction to Synvisc. The aspiration hurt like hell, I'm on rest for 14 days. No workouts, no nothing. Boo.

How awful. I hope at least the pain fades soon. Hang in there.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Oh my goodness, how painful and frustrating! Hope the pain relents soon.

Wow...so sorry it turned out so bad.hoping the swelling goes down and you gain back your normal activities quickly.
    Helene

Hope you are better soon. I've had an aspiration in my knee, so I really feel your pain!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

That sucks, Snap! Thankfully my egg allergy was already known so I passed on the injection, can't imagine how yucky that feels.

Electra Townie 7D

Oh man Snap, that stinks. Feel better soon!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thank you all! I'm on some heavy duty NSAIDs that seem to be helping a lot. Still babying the knee, I can see it's still swollen. I think not being able to workout for a couple of weeks is going to drive me nuts.