Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Marching On...

Hybrid View

Marching On...

Hi guys,
    thought I would get the March thread going. We had 6 inches of fresh snow yesterday so it covered up all the uneven frozen footsteps on the trails where we run. We did a run this morning and had to break trail the whole way. Nice to not have the frozen footsteps, but tough, tough going on the legs! But what a beautiful day to be out. Six miles of snowy goodness.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	051 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	335 
Size:	91.4 KB 
ID:	17575   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	055 (1024x768).jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	95.1 KB 
ID:	17576  

Gorgeous photos, R-n-R! Almost makes me long for snow. Almost!

I've been enjoying my runs on the track. I set a PR for my 5K time last Tuesday, and on Thursday, I did a run/walk at a slower pace, 4.5 miles total, 3.5 of that running. I hope to start increasing my mileage now that I am back from having a wretched cold that kept me out of commission for almost four weeks.
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

RnR ... wow, looks beautiful, but my Raynaud's-afflicted toes are turning blue just looking at it ...

Emily, so glad you're getting back on track!

Wednesday was just as brutally hot as forecast and I was just as unprepared as I expected. Being hydrated isn't enough to prepare for a tough run in 30° warmer than what I'm acclimated to. I had to stop and nearly puke halfway through the marathon pace segment and couldn't even finish the threshold pace segments, and even with a partial workout I was trashed for the rest of the day and into the next. Bleh. It's supposed to be back to normal temps for tomorrow's tough workout, and thank goodness for that considering the time change ...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Now see, as soon as you mention warm temps of any kind....I turn blue. Well you get what I mean. I do NOT do well in heat. I would much rather go out and run when it is 9 degrees.

Oak, that sounds like tough going, and I do not envy you.

Great job Emily!!!

The only time I've been able to engage in running for a few months has been in cooler weather. It took me years to acclimate to riding in hot weather, but running in anything over 70 pretty much did me in. The one race I ran was 98 degrees and humid. Worst possible situation for me.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

We suffer through it from May-Sept. I try and get out as early as possible to beat the heat as much as possible. Don't like at all though. Blech. The past two summers we have spend most of our training time running and biking, in the woods. Sometimes better because you are out of the sun, sometimes worse because it can be very close, no breeze.

Blech just thinking about it. Blech.