Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Flat bars

Flat bars

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm a bit out of my depth with this one. The Iguana, at some point, will be undergoing "surgery" to install a threadless adapter and the appropriate stem. I will also be replacing the bars (because the ones currently on it are a diameter that's no longer standard, so nothing fits properly). I have no idea what to get or look for...or how to figure out what I want. The current ones have a bit of rise to them. They're not entirely comfortable, but I can't quite pin down what change to make to make them more comfortable, beyond ergo grips. Anyone have tips or tricks, and then we can talk bars themselves?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Are you adding flat bars or replacing them with something else?

For me, I really liked my Easton Monkey bars, I used the 2-inch risers but I needed that for proper fit.

I don't want a ton of rise; my back is actually remarkably comfortable with the current set up (a slightly longer stem would be nice), but my wrists aren't. I feel like I'd have to go either to a bar with a lot of rise, or a pretty flat bar. I've actually seen people who have converted Iguanas to drop bars, which would be more comfortable, but I'd rather not deal with an expense that would be greater than the cost of the bike!

I do wish they'd provide pictures of the bars "in action" some times, for those of us who are spatial-reasoning-challenged.

Catrin, I'd be replacing flat bars with different flat bars.
    Last edited by Owlie; 03-01-2015 at 08:53 AM.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...