Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Rebuild, repurpose...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm working on rebuilding an old KHS Montana/descent into a touring/gravel grinder bike. I have almost everything I need to build it up except this model came with a rigid fork that someone "upgraded to an I'll fitting cheap suspension fork. I'd like to return it to rigid. I'm looking to find a rigid 26" fork with a 1" threaded steerer? Any chance any of you have one in the back of the garage somewhere? I'm sure I'll have build questions as I go. I'll keep you posted on this project.
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46

Oh! I love these projects, have fun with it! If you don't find a fork, let me know.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Can't help you with a fork, but sounds like a fun project! Maybe check Craigslist?
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Getting back to this project after getting my spring maintenance for my LHT finished. I'll keep in mind buying a new fork but I really hoped to find a used fork since the frame and fork need to be painted or powder coated anyway. I've picked up an old drive train that I'll have to clean up and see if it's still usable. It includes old wheels that I'm not too sure about right now. So if they are good it covers cranks cassette derailuers ft and rear. I have brakes, levers, shifters, Handlebar, stem. I have a saddle and I think I have a seat post. I'd like to swap out the seat post for a two bolt but I won't hold up the build looking for one. Looks like the fork and headset are the big hold up right now. Pulled everything off the old frame except the Bottom Bracket. Thought I'd check because I can't remember right now. Is the left cup reverse threaded?
    _________
    1996 Kona Kula-14
    2011 Surly LHT-46