Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Unloading a bunch of stuff...

To disable ads, please log-in.

Much of it cycling related. This is my LNIB/NWT stuff. Eventually I need to get around to taking photos of my overabundance of no-longer-worn jerseys and shorts to find new homes for them here. Either that or I need a new closet and dresser (am I the only one who has a sports-specific dresser...?).
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    Mine is a sports specific clostet.
    At least half the stuff hanging in my closet are jerseys, sad, but true. My DH is worse...he NEVER gets rid of jerseys, not even ones that no longer fit -- and probably has 1-2 jerseys/year he's gotten as part of the JDRF program, which he's in his 10th year of involvement with -- do the Math on that insanity. AND he has an entire small walk-in full of cycling stuff...and part of my larger walk-in.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

We have a room just for sports stuff...including clothes! In fact a few rooms. We're crazy! Told hubby to demolish a no longer used shower in the powder room so we can put shelves in there instead. Next project on our list.

Quote Originally Posted by Helene2013 View Post
    We have a room just for sports stuff...including clothes! In fact a few rooms. We're crazy! Told hubby to demolish a no longer used shower in the powder room so we can put shelves in there instead. Next project on our list.
    Ha! I recently saw a neat idea for turning a closet into a mini library/reading nook...but who has a closet that they can get rid of like that?!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

I have a tall plastic 5 drawer dresser for my sports clothing (most of it). It is stuffed, so I need to investigate other options. DH has one of his own in one of the extra bedrooms.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I have a tall plastic 5 drawer dresser for my sports clothing (most of it). It is stuffed, so I need to investigate other options. DH has one of his own in one of the extra bedrooms.
    My workout clothes are in a 6 drawer tall dresser in my closet, aside from my bike jerseys, which I hang. Ikea, so it wasn't $$, but it works really well. I still have WAY too many danged socks, though. My funky kneehigh fixation is a bit of a problem, heh.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'12 Salsa Mukluk 3

Mine are in this enormous art deco dresser that was the first piece of furniture I ever bought. Running stuff in the top drawer, cycling stuff in one side cabinet, event T-shirts in the other side cabinet, blankets in the bottom drawer.

I really should have that dresser restored, it's a beautiful solid oak waterfall top piece, but the veneer is in horrible shape, which is why I only paid $10 for it in 1980. To do that though I'd have to get it up out of the basement room I used to use for aerobics and that's now my bad-weather yoga room and miscellaneous storage. Did I mention it's solid oak?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

My plastic dresser is in my walk in closet. I would have to do serious rearranging in one of the other bedroom closets to fit another one. The only stuff that is hung are a few fleeces and my ski pants, as well as hiking pants.
    I have a 2 drawer night stand full of sports socks!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I have two nightstands, each with a drawer on top and a small cabinet with a door on the bottom. I bought a canvas bin to go inside each small cabinet. One holds my gym shorts, the other holds sports-related bags, such as camelbacks and old but still usable seat wedges.

I store tank tops for the gym and sports bras in the top drawer of one dresser.

I have a 9-cubicle organizer from Target in my walk-in closet. Six of the cubes hold bike clothes -- one each for sleeveless jerseys/tank tops, short sleeve jerseys, long sleeve jerseys, shorts, winter gear (tights, knee warmers etc) and socks/gloves. The other cubes hold miscellaneous bike gear.

During warmer months, my bike jackets hang in a closet along with my winter coats. I layer them all on one or two hangers. In colder months, the bike jackets stay in a big drawstring bag next to the front door, along with various arm warmers, knee warmers, etc., so I can bring them all with me when I load up the car for a ride and then make last-minute wardrobe changes at the ride start.

I have a fabric storage cube with a cover that I got from Ikea. It's full of base layers, most but not all wool. They used to live in a dresser drawer along with the t-shirts that are either sleeveless or long-sleeved, but there are now so many of them that they need their own separate home.

I also have a fair number of fleece pullovers and hoodies, which hang in the walk-in closet.

I like clothes, lots of clothes.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

We are all kindred spirits.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious