Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

MTN Biking in UK

To disable ads, please log-in.

There is heaps of MTB optins on offer around the UK. If you are planning on visitng this part of the worrld, come prepared to get muddy! The UK is one of the largest markets for Disc brakes as they are the only option for effective breaking in the winter (and sometimes summer) conditions here.

The choice of destinations is huge. Wales has got a reputation as offering some of the best singletrack in the world. (and a larger reputation as the wettest, muddiest too).

Scotland is actively begining to market it's potential, and the tiurist board is coming to the party. Deals tailored for MTBers are appearing as they tap this market.

In England, the Pennines are great, the South Downs are great, but my favourite tracks are all hidden in the local Ministry of Defence land...

To get started on trails in Southern England, keep an eye out for the Evans Ride/Trailbreak series, which are marked routes tun on the first Saturday of each month. See http://www.trailbreak.co.uk/evans/evans.html.

For great route guides around the country (mostly North England), try http://www.singletrackworld.com/topi...c=12&menu=1201

Now get out and ride...

I live right near the Pennines, but im going wrong somewhere, i need to actually go out and ride them!
    *~FaYe*~

Are the Evans rides good? I been thinking about doing one of them sometime. I can't do September's, but was wondering about the October one...

And welcome to the board to you both.
    Drink coffee and do stupid things faster with more energy.