Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Dear Brendon, its time

To disable ads, please log-in.

Dear Brendon,

When I first saw you inside a cage at a rescue adoption, I thought you were handsomest kitty. You were quiet, but hopeful. When Peggy pulled you out of the cage into my arms, you started to purr in my arms. Just not so sure. Peggy was the person who ran the rescue group, she was the one who rescued you from under a elementary school where the kids gave you their lunch. Peggy thought you were around two years of age or bit older. I wasn't sure so I went to another rescue group where I met your future buddy. I couldn't get either of you out my mind so the following weekend I adopted you and your best buddy Murphy. Both of you were mostly Maine Coon.

It didn't take long for your coat to become soft, gorgeous and shiny. And it didn't take long for either of you to get comfortable in the house. You were so well behaved, I was expecting you to climb onto the counter and taste my food or worse take it but you didn't nor did Murphy.

Over the years you helped me save and raise bottle fed kittens, only days old. You were so patient. Let the little monsters climb on you, take a swipe, bite, chew, pounce on you and sleep on you and yet only thing you did was either do nothing or hug them till they stopped.

But all these things were so long ago. And we've all aged. Peggy suffered a stroke, she is doing okay. The rescue group she started is still rescuing boys like you. Your mom isn't quite as spritely as she was 15 years ago. And you...

Well, I think the time has come for you and for me to help you cross the rainbow bridge. I know you are not feeling good, not sure of what is going around you. And its not right that you are suffering. Yes when our body fails us, its time.

I will always remember you for all your wonderful qualities, the gentle man that you are and all the things you've done to help me. I want you to be happy and whole again when you cross the rainbow bridge. And you can meet your best bud Murphy whom you haven't seen in about 8 years or so.

But for tonight, you can sleep next to me as you have done for so many years.

love mom,

So sorry Smilingcat, sending hugs to all three of you.

Smilingcat, I'm so sorry. Such a sweet tribute to your Brendon. Hugs to all of you.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I'm so sorry, but thank you for sharing such a beautiful story. It really hit home, as tonight will be the last night that my mom's cat snuggles up next to her too.
    1980-something Colnago
    2010 Jamis Quest
    2013 Wabi Classic

mebikedolomitesoneday.wordpress.com

I'm sorry for your loss.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Having 3 cats myself, plus 3 dogs, and most being seniors, it sure got right through me. So sorry to read you tonight. My thoughts are with you through this hard time.

I'm so sorry smilingcat. Is Brendon your avatar cat?

Go in peace Brendon, and have a good romp with Murph.

i am so sorry.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

I'm so sorry. I know how tough this is, I've gone through it three times in the last 5 years.
    Queen of the sea beasts

Thank you all,

and to khg, its best to remember what we gave our kitties, a quality of life that they would not have and to know that they had a comfortable happy life. And that is what we need to remember in time of grief when we lose our fur babies. I wish your mother well and know that all of us go through the same grieving and saddness.

I remind myself that he is in a better place and not suffering anymore. And yes I miss all my babies who have gone.

My avatar is that of Murphy cat who was taken because of the melamine poisoning in the cat food. And because of him, I learned a lot about pet food indsutry and pet food in general. After him, we only feed the premium dog and cat food, some made in Canada and never made in China. We also stopped giving our dogs chew toys from China not even raw hide chew made in USA.