Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yep! I LOVE my Rapha tights--both tights and chamois. Been wearing the tights all winter this year; wore the shorts all last summer. They're damn expensive, but seriously worth it for me. And they now have regular (non-bib) tights. For the 6-7 hour tandem rides we do, in rain and temps in the 40s, they work really well. We live on windbreak layers and wool.
    The only things I want to keep as dry as possible--my feet and hands.
    Last edited by salsabike; 02-01-2015 at 11:01 AM.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Az, what kind of daily mileage range?
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks

Self-guided cycling tour in Ireland in mid-summer? Sounds just wonderful to me! I can't advise on your rain gear (though it sounds like a good idea to me given their climate), but I wanted to wish you the very best. How exciting! Looking forward to hearing all about it

I think most days will be 24-40 miles- not that much. It's a little complicated because we are trying to mesh with traditional music sessions as well ....

Here's' the tentative itinerary:
    Day 1 looks like about 40 km from Ennis to Kilkee,
    Day 2 only - about 30 km to Miltown Malbay but we can do some extra sightseeing.
    Day 3- not sure- a loop ride exploring somewhere around Miltown Malbay or maybe up to the Cliffs or Moher or???/
    Day 4 only about 27 km to Lisdoonvarna
    Day 5- sightseeing from Lisdoonvarna - maybe we can do a longer loop somewhere
    Day 6 Lisdoonvarna to Galway- about 90 km
    Day 7 - day off in Galway
    Day 8 About 60 km- Galway to Feakle
    Day 9 Riding around East Clare somewhere- hopefully a longer ride that day
    Day 10- Riding from Feakle back to Ennis- only about 30 km

Better than renting a car .....
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Oh, that sounds great! And plenty of time to dry off between rides...

I know we'll find sessions in Ennis, Miltown Malbay, Lisdoonvarna, Galway and Feakle. The nice thing is we won't have to carry much- the company transports our luggage and instruments!
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Lovely. That trip sounds delightful, combining two of your big sources of pleasure. I'll be very interested to hear about it afterwards.