Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean

cycle-touring with 4 children -worldwide

To disable ads, please log-in.

http://www.globalmobilefamily.com/bl...esland/page/3/ Am in awe with this family. The patience and strength that the parents must have.

They clearly started their children young on bikes and cycling often...the children wouldn't know travel other than by bikes.. and not necessarily realize how tough it is.

I'm saying this 'cause I didn't know how "convenient" life was with a car until I was 14 yrs. old when my parents bought their lst car. Before that our family of 6 children didn't have a car... We walked, took local transit..and on the rare occasion, 2-3 times per yr., took taxi.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Wow! Reminds me of a book I am planning to read about a family that rode across Canada with three kids: http://www.amazon.com/Mud-Sweat-Gear.../dp/1891369946. It's cool to see parents doing things like this with their kids, rather than giving up traveling/doing outdoor activities/adventure upon having kids (as some people seem to do, and I would imagine they feel pretty confined and start to resent it). Plus, what a gift to give those kids--they will learn a lot and grow up being active.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Wow! Reminds me of a book I am planning to read about a family that rode across Canada with three kids: http://www.amazon.com/Mud-Sweat-Gear.../dp/1891369946. It's cool to see parents doing things like this with their kids, rather than giving up traveling/doing outdoor activities/adventure upon having kids (as some people seem to do, and I would imagine they feel pretty confined and start to resent it). Plus, what a gift to give those kids--they will learn a lot and grow up being active.
    Fun book! I've read all of Joe Kurmaskie's books, his stories are so funny, and some of them very moving. He lives in Portland, so we've seen him speak up in the Seattle area a few times and are going again next week to hear about his latest adventures on a bike. His kids are older now, so wonder what they are up to. He is a very committed bicycle advocate in that area, can't wait to see him.

Interesting link shootingstar, amazing family!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

Shootingstar, thank you for posting that link! I've just spent a few days reading through their entire travel blog. They've done a wonderful job using photos to document their life on the road. Fun to see the kids grow, from being hauled around in trailers on their world tour, to now riding their own bikes on shorter bike tours in Europe.