Hello Everyone!

I'm new to this forum and a middle-aged cycling beginner. I got off to a rocky start a couple of years ago when I first decided to give cycling a try. About a mile into my first ride, I swung too wide on a curve, hit some gravel, ran off the road into a farmer's field, and hit a trench which brought my bike to an abrupt halt while I went airborne over the handlebars. I ended up with a third degree separation of the AC joint in my left shoulder. It's been a slow healing process both physically and mentally. I'm just now working up the courage to give it another try.

I'm wanting to get a head start this winter by using an indoor trainer with Spinervals DVD's. My job requires me to be on my feet all day, and I'm finding cycling a challenge in the evening when my legs are already so tired. I've decided to start getting up earlier in the morning to do a ride before work.

For those of you who start your morning off with a ride, what do you eat for breakfast? I'm trying to figure out the best choice to give me the energy boost I need while also being light enough to not give me that bloated feeling from exercising too soon after eating.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

~Sheri