Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here's Sparky!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Oh yes,I'm considering getting a trailer and going car free (almost)

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2009 Specialized Tricross
    2012 Trek Mamba

Sweet, we have a friend who has a great trike. The Bike Hermit just helped him install a great dynamo lighting system. About 3 years ago he rode it pretty much across the country with a tag-along -trike attached for his 10 year old daughter. They had a blast. He jokes about once you go trike you'll never go back to a two wheeled anything
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Oh, I have to stay current with two wheel skills if I want to tour with dh on the tandem. I do love our beautiful tandem, but it's being custom made and fitted for me doesn't stop it from causing me a great deal of pain. If I could bring dh "to the dark side" with me, everything would be perfect.
    I think sparky has the fittings for a hub dynamo light. Would be pretty cool to have!

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba

Here's Sparky!

Quote Originally Posted by lauraelmore1033 View Post
    I do love our beautiful tandem, but it's being custom made and fitted for me doesn't stop it from causing me a great deal of pain. If I could bring dh "to the dark side" with me, everything would be perfect.
    Now I understand why you want a Pino....I want one for you too! Many couples turn to a Pino because one person had an arm or hip injury and can't ride a "normal" bike without pain. We discovered it just as we about to give up a long search after a custom frame failed to solve the problems caused by our height and weight differences...even though the custom allowed by husband, who's much taller and 50% heavier, to finally sit comfortably behind me, I just couldn't keep the front wheel on the ground on steep inclines, and the handling was still uncomfortably unsteady... What a relief when we got our hands on the pino! Even though my husband never complained about the handling of the other bikes we had or criticized my driving, he did admit once that he finally doesn't feel like he's going to die every time we take the bike out....

I really hope you get a chance to try a pino--even if you have no need for ANOTHER bike (but really, who can say that and mean it?) I'm sure that if you can get him on the bike you won't have to do any convincing. It's so easy to drive, and being able to go out for hours with you without pain is worth any price, right? We were able to search on the Hase website for dealers, and their listing usually included which models they had available for test rides. We were able to "rent" the bike for a week, which allowed us to try it in all kinds of terrain (and weather), and then the "rent," including the deposit, was applied to the purchase when we placed the order for our own. Maybe your trike dealer could get one in for you to try.

If you ever come to Germany send me a PN and we can meet up so you can take ours for a spin!
    Last edited by FahrRad; 01-01-2015 at 12:49 AM.

Beautiful trike! We rode a lot of flat rail-trails and bike paths over the past year all over the US and saw a lot of recumbents. They're just perfect for flat trails, and if I lived in a place where I could store an endless number of bikes, I'd add one to the fleet for sure. We have owned long-wheelbase single recumbents and a recumbent tandem in the past, and they were really, really fun. The hills were tough (since they were all heavy bikes), so we ultimately sold them and went back to uprights, but they certainly have their benefits!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Quote Originally Posted by FahrRad View Post
    Even though my husband never complained about the handling of the other bikes we had or criticized my driving, he did admit once that he finally doesn't feel like he's going to die every time we take the bike out....

If you ever come to Germany send me a PN and we can meet up so you can take ours for a spin!
    Ha! It was a long time before I felt I wasn't going to die when we went out on the roads on our tandem--especially on curvy descents! Dh is a lot stronger rider, but I am a nervous nelly, downhill weenie! The Pino does look like it would solve the pain issues, but I suspect the learning-to-trust-the-captain's-riding-skills issues would crop back up. That is such a kind offer! Rome is the closest we've ever been to Germany, and I suspect that will probably never change, unfortunately...

Rodriguez Adventure
    Bacchetta Bellandare
    HPV Gekko fx
    Custom Rodriguez Tandem
    2012 Trek Mamba