Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FS: Gunnar - full custom size

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am still looking to sell my lovely Gunnar frame. $700 plus shipping and this lovely frame can be headed your way with plenty of time to build her before the spring! She is a true, full custom design so there isn't a stock size, basic dimensions follow. Outside of a couple of paint chips on one of the chain stays she is in great shape!

Color is "Candy Purple over Graphite Silver". Designed for v-brakes, and I had a full SRAM S9/S0 drive train with a triple cassette - but all of that has been sold.

Attachment 17484

Dimensions:
    Seat mast: 460
    Wheels: 26#
    Top Tube (theoretical) 500
    Seat Angle: 75
    Head Angle: 71
    Fork Rake: 48 (custom road fork)
    Trail: 59.8
    Chainstay Length: 425
    Headtube Length: 140
    Bottom Bracket Drop: 50
    Stack: 535
    Reach: 350
    Average Standover (mm): 730.2
    Wheelbase: 990
    Last edited by Catrin; 12-19-2014 at 04:47 PM.

I'm not interested in buying anything right now, I just have a few questions that others looking at it might have. Do you know the weight? What are the frame and fork made of? Also, is it designed to be more of an endurance/relaxed geometry bike? I am just guessing based on seat and head angles and the head tube length but really I don't know much about bike geometry!

Good luck!
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX
    2015 Felt F85X with Specialized Oura seat, Specialized Road Pro II handlebars, and Look Quartz pedals

Gunnar (and Waterford) bikes are all made of custom steel, very light, very good quality. This bike looks very much like a rigid mountain bike frame, though it has a road fork. Indeed, that fork was is the only thing that kept it from being a rigid mountain bike The frame + fork weighs about 3 pounds or so.

It is the same bike in my avatar. It made a wonderful bike for endurance/long rides :-) Ive certain physical issues that made a full custom necessary, and I cannot tolerate traditional road bars. It fit me like a glove and rode like a dream!
    Last edited by Catrin; 12-20-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Bump - this lovely frame and fork is still for sale. Reasonable offers + shipping considered. She is a very special bike and needs a good home. Right now this lovely frame is just holding up my bedroom wall and that is a sad fate for such a beautiful bike. She was used for rides on long country roads, commuting to work, and light off-road riding.

still available? PM sent

Yes

Finally, my lovely custom Gunnar frameset is off to a new home. They got a REALLY good price, I've some cash, and it's going to a good home. All good

Bittersweet. Glad it has a good home.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Bittersweet. Glad it has a good home.
    Yes, it is very bittersweet. However she will get ridden now and will even get a whole new set of parts! I'm told she is the kind of person to take very good care of the bike once she can build it up, and will ride it until it falls apart - and that's a good thing. Trying to picture snow-studded tires on that bike and it makes me smile, she is going to have fun!

Be comforted knowing she'll have a good home! The bike is meant to be ridden (although some are so pretty you just want to hang them on the wall ) and I hope the new owner and bike will have many miles and smiles together.

Sorry you had to sell, Catrin, but I completely understand. I've had or wanted to sell many a bike in my time, and although it is always bittersweet, it's far better to have it used and enjoyed than just collecting dust.

P.S. I'm looking forward to getting my lovely Jamis you sold me back when we swing through NC this spring!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

It was time to let her go, I will never be able to ride again and it was getting depressing seeing her all lonely and neglected in my workout room. Do post stories and pictures of you and the fabulous Jamis when you pick her up, I want to hear the adventure stories

As it turned out it was great that you bought her. Jamis SERIOUSLY downgraded the Dakar Comp line that year. I think the 2011 version I purchased had the best mix of all of the Dakar Comps and then I upgraded the cassette before bringing her home.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    It was time to let her go, I will never be able to ride again and it was getting depressing seeing her all lonely and neglected in my workout room. Do post stories and pictures of you and the fabulous Jamis when you pick her up, I want to hear the adventure stories

As it turned out it was great that you bought her. Jamis SERIOUSLY downgraded the Dakar Comp line that year. I think the 2011 version I purchased had the best mix of all of the Dakar Comps and then I upgraded the cassette before bringing her home.
    It was really meant to be! She fits me perfectly AND is beautiful to boot, plus well equipped. The only change I've made is changing out the twist shifter you had on one side to match the other, and of course adding my own pedals. She's already been to quite a few states and will be visiting more soon. Even though I am definitely more of a roadie than an MTBer, I enjoy having a MTB too and do plan to do more off-road riding in the future. I'll make sure to post!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

So glad to hear you are still loving her! I did the same mixed shifter thing on my Gunnar, my hands REALLY appreciated having the twist shifters on the right and the trigger was fine for my left. I was told that was "old school", but it was perfect for me!

Aw, I'm glad she has a new home. I'm a little sad and happy for you at the same time, though, although I know why it was past time to let it go.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...