Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Funny video.

She's funny!
    Each day is a gift, that's why it is called the present.

Funny, Trek, thanks.

Also relevant:

http://aberrantart.com/wp-content/up...lues-CARDS.jpg
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

And this:

I guess the takeaway is, that if you have family, whatever they want to do is okay. As someone who doesn't, all it is is painful.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I just saw that for the first time yesterday, Oak, after seeing Neil Gaimans post on Twitter. I know what you're saying.
    If I were on your continent, I'd invite you and all of my other favourite Christmas Grinches to go out for a bike ride in the snow, and then go for drinks someplace noisy and unsentimental. Here's a virtual toast to you all. You're some of my favourite people I've never met, the sun has turned and we're moving towards summer. We'll be fine.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Oak,
    I could have used that as my theme song this weekend. I took my 85 tear old MIL to mass on Saturday. As I sat and listen to the service, I thought, the music is nice, but the lyrics are a little dodgey.....I followed it up by wishing my husbands family a Happy Solstice the next day

They love me anyway.....

We normally run away at Christmas and our tradition is to summit something on Christmas day. WAY too many years of family dysfunction on both sides as brought to this. It works. This year I am stuck at home recovering with the foot. Bit of a bummer......

I agree with lph.....you are some of the coolest women I have never met. I raise my cup of tea to all of you!

Agreed. Wish all of my friends were like you guys.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

My favorite thing about Christmas is the day off work and the nightmare daily commute is a little more bearable.

We are Christians, but we don't decorate or exchange gifts or go to church for Christmas. I do enjoy hearing how all faiths celebrate, regardless of the date and what they celebrate.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    If I were on your continent, I'd invite you and all of my other favourite Christmas Grinches to go out for a bike ride in the snow, and then go for drinks someplace noisy and unsentimental. .
    and I'd invite you to spend the week here on the northern california coast with us ....a good storm is coming in tomorrow to make a warm fire and bottles of wine or hot chocolate even more enjoyable!!!

Last edited by rebeccaC; 12-23-2014 at 07:23 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Thanks for the invite....I am on my way.

Is that your view?

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    Thanks for the invite....I am on my way.

Is that your view?
    come.... and yes, just south of mendocino it's the deck off our bedroom
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to

Is that the Albion River Inn? Highly recommend the restaurant there. When we first moved to the Bay Area it was a tradition for us to drive up to Mendocino for the day on our anniversary. We did that for three or four years. It was a LONG drive from the south bay, but so beautiful. I had just finished school and we were so poor, we couldn't afford to spend the night and then we were saving for a house.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Veronica…it’s a house. It’s even a longer drive for us but we break the drive with an overnight in the napa valley, then a relaxing drive on 128 to here. Lots of good restaurants here including the Albion….great sense of nature and good people too. Happy holidays for you!!!!

From a sunrise walk this morning

……days end

todays beginning
    Last edited by rebeccaC; 12-25-2014 at 07:21 AM.

pictures like that makes me miss California. I loved Point Reys area. There was a fun century ride event that I went and I was so taken by the beauty of the place.

And yes to all the wonderful women here. And to LPH Glade Jul even if you are a grinch. I was going to fry up some fattigan for my Norwegian neighbor. He is temporarly in a care facility right now. And even though he loves sweets, he told me in no uncertain terms to not bring him ANYTHING. Grinch. Maybe I should ask him if he wants to eat Rudolph for dinner. Reindeer burger or steak... My co-worker returning from Tampere Finland said, "Rudolph was very lean and very tasty!!"

anyway to all of you, enjoy your holiday.