Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Last night I had a good workout with my usual group. I felt claustrophobic however. The space where we train is quite small, and there were two other groups in there as well. I am afraid that I gave the evil eye to a few who could have done what they were doing on the next floor up. I need to adjust to it however and just keep repeating my mantra that spring is coming, spring is coming and we get our space back...Giving the evil eye isn't going to help...sigh.
    Last edited by Catrin; 01-28-2015 at 02:28 PM.

Spring is coming! Spring is coming!!! ) Not here! From what I heard it will be a very cold February. argggg.

Just completed a muscle workout with hubby. We had fun. Tomorrow I have a cycling session. Don't know what my PT prepared. Will see it tonight. I said to her if she did not have the time, I will race against hubby. Should be interesting as I am not fast (on trainer we'll be) and not as strong as him, especially starting back.

But oh!!! JOY!!!! Monday night dit my training and I was able to push over 200watts (a minute as hard as I could) and a minute to recup. Just last week I could not even nail 160watts without wanting to die. Just to say some days we are feeling better than others.

So hang in there! Spring is coming and we'll be sweating outside, and the war between vehicules and road bike will start all over again. hihi

Catrin, I am also one to give the evil eye. I call it the "teacher look." It generally stops people cold, and I had many years of practice!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Well I did not do my lower body workout last night so I did it today. My legs have been pretty tired lately. I was looing back on my exercise log and realized that I have not had a day off in close to 2 months. Maybe it is time. I am just stubborn. Spring is on the way!

I went to my local x country ski area this afternoon. Got started at around 1:30, and after being -5F this morning it was close to 30 degrees! I did not bring my Maxi-Glide for my skis and I probably could have used it for the last 2km of my 10k ski, as the snow was getting sticky. It was very powdery, so not so bad.
    I was slow, but no falls and I dd the 2 "big" hills there. Big is relative for this place, but the the climbs are good ones, just shorter than I am used to. I skied with my Camelbak today, to keep my pack off of my hips/back, which are really in the danger zone. I feel like it's keeping me from skiing as fast as I usually do, but I see Walter, my PT Tuesday morning at 8 AM. The Camelbak is OK at higher winter temperatures, but even though I have an insulated hose, it freezes when it's really cold. I will not spend the 200.00 for the battery heated one!
    Our friends are going back up north this weekend, but we can't, we both have to work later tomorrow. We are going to do a "winter sports weekend," at home, culminating in dinner at a very nice restaurant that was not hard to get into on Super Bowl Sunday.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Played with some volume work tonight in our KB competition training class. Both my training partners were there and we had 6 others who were doing more general fitness work. It was great! Competition in 8 days and counting :-) Several of us are going to car-pool down to Louisville.

So, while we couldn't go back to the White Mountains this weekend, we decided to do a couple of errands tomorrow morning and then go x country ski at our most favorite semi-local touring center, in southern NH. It is going to be frigid cold/windy tomorrow, so we'll arrive around noon, ski, eat lunch and then drive to a B and B we booked, about 10 minutes away. They have a pub, too, so need to go out in the sub zero temps tomorrow night. Sunday, we will ski again, and then head home in mid afternoon. Excited to do someting new, at a reasonable price.
    I went to boot camp this morning... my back really hurt, but only a couple of days until I see the PT.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yesterday I did about a 45 min upper body workout and today I went on a short 40 min bike ride then did a 30 min HIIT. Felt pretty good. Hope to hit the trails this Sunday.

Our usual Saturday morning KB training session went longer than usual, but it was a good one. We will still meet on our usual schedule next week, but our coach is going to pull way back so that we will be fresh for the competition Saturday morning :-) There was a lot of other things going on at the place we train, it really feels like we are treated as second-class citizens there (even our coach feels that). I finally figured out that was where my evil eye and crankiness was coming from - for now it is the best location for me, and things will calm as we get closer to spring. Come on spring, come on spring...

Had a great ski at Windblown, even though it was 10 F and wind gusts up to 25 mph. Cold. But, not after you get started. We skied for 1.5 -2 hrs., had lunch and then went back out for about 45 minutes. Saw our friend we lead rides with and his girlfriend, who bought my old bike. The inn is nice, only about 5 miles down the road. Going to get a glass of wine...
    It feels like we are far away, not an hour or so!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Sounds like a nice change Crankin!

Nice fun outing Crankin! It is so cold here too. Weird winter. It does not warm up much and when it does it is only a day. My dogs are starting to get cranky from being inside so much. Even with a coat on all they want is get back inside.

Thursday I did my training. Could not nail it. Way too hard the program my PT/Kin did for me. Told her in an email. I'm seeing her tomorrow night anyway. When your HRate is so high and you cannot complete one rep properly....out of 6, it is not good. I was losing interest in cycling lately.

Anyway, I had a smoother one yesterday but it was still hard. At least I nailed it and it was fun and I was happier. Told her it is the "style" of training she should target. And increase to better/harder as we cycle back into fitness.

Today is my muscle training. It is hard but doable and I like it.

I do have my watt test coming up next Thursday. I have not set my hopes too high on that one yet. I just cannot seem to get back quickly on track after my baker's cyst rupture at the end of November.

Today, between the weather and Super Bowl, I decided to do my one of my long KB swing/endurance workouts at home once I finally got home for the day. It felt good, though I did pull back on the weight a bit - it would be bad if I tweaked my bicep tendon or the pec minor tendinitis 6 days out from the competition. Perhaps I am finally getting a bit of wisdom

Yay for wisdom!
    The dinner and pe-dinner bar time at the inn was awesome. Really good food. I didn't sleep that well, between weird pillows and my back, but after breakfast we sat and read for a bit and then headed out. It was already 20 degrees and a light breeze, pretty calm. Just about a perfect "bluebird" day. We started out doing the hardest trail I've ever done at this place. Yesterday we did some of it, but today we descended from a higher point. No one fell and it was perfectly groomed. You can actually go up higher, but it becomes a black diamond at that point and while I could climb up, going down what is essentially an alpine ski trail is a bit much for me, as what we did is steep enough. We skied for 1.5 hours, ate lunch, and drove home. Saw lots of people from various cycling groups. It was jammed in the lodge. Gotta go to the grocery store and then head out for dinner. And I just heard my office is closed tomorrow, another storm. Yay!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I lowered my goal to 100, from 110. There is still the possibility I may make 110, with my ski trip, and all, but looking at my stats from December and January, 100 seems more realistic. I made that last year, and I think I went over by a bit.
    Today I worked out in my home gym, doing functional fitness/core/weights with a arm up on the treadmill, and the 3 sets of core/weights were punctuated by descending amounts of either treadmill hill walking/runs or jacks, running in place. Then, I did the flexibility cool down from my dvd, followed by my PT stretches. DH just got back from seeing his ortho doc, as his shoulder has been hurting him from his crash injury, when he does certain things. He got a cortisone shot and a PT prescription. I am getting my PT a lot of business lately.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura