Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I see this in my future as a winter complement to Mojitos!
    Mojitos are my all time favorite alcoholic drink.

Interesting side note, I actually will get sick before I can ever get drunk. Usually 1 mixed drink or 2 beers is my limit. The most I get is a nice warm glow, which is fine with me since my father was an alcoholic.
    2012 Jamis Quest Brooks B17 Blue
    2012 Jamis Dakar XC Comp SI Ldy Gel
    2013 Electra Verse

Mmmm. Mojito..... The best one I ever had was in San Diego a few years ago. It was a mango mojito with cilantro. Delicious!
    "Don't go too fast, but I go pretty far"

I finally tried it again, this time I weighed the shot glass and I now know what 2 ounces is. Used Allspice as one of my spices and it was even better than last time!

I don't know the specific gravity of rum without looking it up, but drink recipes will always be in fluid ounces, not ounces avoirdupois. Two fluid ounces is the same as 1/4 cup. One ounce is two tablespoons.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    I don't know the specific gravity of rum without looking it up, but drink recipes will always be in fluid ounces, not ounces avoirdupois. Two fluid ounces is the same as 1/4 cup. One ounce is two tablespoons.
    Shows you how much I know about drinks, I had no idea, thanks! This is very helpful. I had already figured out that there is no single shot glass measure so that was my way around it. I will have to see how close I was, but it seemed the right balance of rum to water to spices. I used unsalted butter.

I also dropped in a small cinnamon stick when I added the (very) hot water, very tasty. Very nice for a cold damp night.
    Last edited by Catrin; 12-07-2014 at 11:07 AM.