Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Looking for suggestions for similar saddle

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yesterday I went for a 19 mile ride on my new bike. At first the saddle was quite uncomfortable in the front area but toward the end of the ride it was tolerable and I sort of forgot about it. I'm not sure if the discomfort subsided or if I became numb to it. Other than that and the width, I really love the saddle. It is a Prologo Nago Evo X10. It's relatively flat (semi-round) and thin and rather firm. It has "active density" padding with a microfiber cover. The dimensions are 135 x 208 (per my tape measurer- this particular saddle doesn't show up on the Prologo website).

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1122141629.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	17462Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1121140754.jpg 
Views:	520 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	17463 For some reason the profle pic keeps showing up upside down. Grrr

I tilted the nose down a bit after my first short test ride, and that helped a bit. I may tilt it down a bit more for my next ride. However, the pressure is not on my pubic bone, it is more of a squished feeling going on between my legs with some pinching every now and then.

I figured the first thing to do would be to see if the manufacturer makes a female version. They do, but the shape appears a bit different. There is no cutout; instead, it has sort of a divit in the seat, which I think would be acceptable. I'm just not sure about the shape. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dea saddle.jpg 
Views:	407 
Size:	3.8 KB 
ID:	17464

They also make another "female" saddle that looks to have a decent shape: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kappa.jpg 
Views:	429 
Size:	3.4 KB 
ID:	17465
    When I did the sit bones measurement and chart, it puts me right on the cusp of 145-155 seat. I can't remember my exact measurement...maybe 130-135? I like that this new seat is narrow, so I am more apt to lean toward a 145mm seat. I also did the chair test and determined from that that I don't necessarily need a cutout, although the Prologo is making me question that. I just finished reading through another thread on here from a few years ago about T-shaped saddles and I have a Ruby Pro that I am bidding on on ebay based on info from that thread.

Anyways, what other saddles do you suggest that I look at?
    Last edited by Bones8; 11-23-2014 at 08:06 AM. Reason: pictures not showing right
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX
    2015 Felt F85X with Specialized Oura seat, Specialized Road Pro II handlebars, and Look Quartz pedals

Yes, that's it. I typed my measurements wrong, I got 135 x 280 with the measuring tape so that matches up. 135 was the best center to center measurement I could get on my sit bones.

I don't think I want a gel saddle. My other bike has the Liberator X Gel on it, which I really liked for a while (padding wise, not shape wise) but after yesterday's ride I prefer the firmer saddle, especially with the lower riding position. I don't know how it compares to the padding level designations Specialized uses; certainly not level 3 and I hesitate to say its even level 2. I will look some more at the Toupe and Romin. Do you know how the nose width compares on the Toupe v the Ruby?

I'm not sure how I feel about nose length. I felt like the length of the Prologo was fine but I could certainly go a little shorter or longer with no problems. I just sat on the bike using the drops and I have about 55mm of nose in front of my last contact point with the saddle. What is the advantage of a longer nose? I really like the width of the nose compared to my Liberator saddle (43mm v 48mm). Does getting a bike with a channel or cutout generally result in a wider nose? I hope not! I know comparing the two saddles is apples and oranges but it's all I have to go by, other than my stock Bontrager saddle (super wide and cushy) that came on the Trek.
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX
    2015 Felt F85X with Specialized Oura seat, Specialized Road Pro II handlebars, and Look Quartz pedals

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dea saddle.jpg 
Views:	391 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	17466

I outlined the first prologo saddle to show the shape better; it was kind of hard to see since it has white sides and the background is white.
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX

The Felt dealer that I got my bike at is also the local Specialized dealer so I will take a trip up there tomorrow and see what they have in stock for me to look at. Thanks for the suggestions!
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX

For some reason I'm the only one here who's comfortable on a Selle Italia Turbomatic. Maybe you can give me some company. In spite of the gel, it's not a super squishy saddle, probably comparable to a Ruby. Sounds like you might be comfortable on one of SI's Flite series, too, which are all very T-shaped and 145 mm in the rear. Some SI dealers have an array of test saddles, not their entire line, but some you could try.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I wouldn't say I'm "experienced." I mean, I've been riding a bike for as long as I can remember, but I've only just progressed past casual recreational rider to wanting to do something somewhat serious and ride regularly. My first attempt at competitive cycling will be a sprint duo in June, and I'm also hoping to start commuting via cycle in the spring. So, in the past few months I've been learning more and more about bikes, components, and technique than I ever bothered to in the past 20+ years. One simple thing that I am learning to do (and still forgetting about ugh) is just to wash my bike. I don't want the Felt to go to crap like my Trek did. Granted, my Trek has literally traveled around the world with me and been good to me despite how I've treated it.

OakLeaf-
    I did read about the Turbomatic a bit on the old T-shaped saddle thread and you are right, it does not get a lot of love on here. While I am convinced I want a flat saddle, I suppose I would not be sure I don't like something like the Turbomatic unless I try it right? I am looking up the nearest SI dealer now. In any case, the Flite saddles look really nice!
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX

I picked up a Ruby Expert and 90mm stem at the lbs. The test ride is tomorrow *fingers crossed*
    2007 Trek 7.2 FX