Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

What size Terry Susan B?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi,

I'm looking to buy my first bike as an adult, after a break of over 10 years. I'm thinking the Terry Susan B might be a good choice. I'm looking for something to tool around the neighborhood on and also on bike trails. Basically want to have fun, get fit, and lose weight.

I'm considering ordering online as I can get the Susan B at a real good price. I'm trying to decide whether to go for the 13 or 16 inch frame. I'm 5'2'' with short legs. Measured my inseam at 26.5.

You need to look at the geometry charts on the Terry web site. Also, they have very good customer service, so you could call and ask questions. But, if you are ordering online from someone else, you shouldn't tell them this, as it's a no-no. It seems like based on your leg length, you will need the 13 inch frame.
    Don't buy a bike on line without knowing all of your measurements. You might want to have a fitting at a reputable bike shop.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Quote Originally Posted by SarahB View Post
    I'm considering ordering online as I can get the Susan B at a real good price. I'm trying to decide whether to go for the 13 or 16 inch frame. I'm 5'2'' with short legs. Measured my inseam at 26.5.
    Why not contact Georgena Terry directly? She's a very down to earth person and I'm sure she would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Her contact info is on her website at http://www.georgenaterry.com/
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia View Post
    Why not contact Georgena Terry directly? She's a very down to earth person and I'm sure she would be happy to answer any questions you might have. Her contact info is on her website at http://www.georgenaterry.com/
    If this bike is being sold by Terry the company, I don't think Georgena is actually affiliated with them any longer.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    If this bike is being sold by Terry the company, I don't think Georgena is actually affiliated with them any longer.
    Georgena did sell a majority share in Terry a while back, and isn't working there anymore. However, she still is designing custom bikes for customers . The URL I posted is for her current custom bike website and not for Terry. So the contact info should be correct.

I'm sure she would be happy to answer any questions about a bike that she designed, even if she isn't selling it herself. She's just that kind of person.
    Last edited by Sylvia; 12-22-2014 at 01:08 PM.
    Bike Friday Petite Crusoe
    Terry Trixie
    Gary Fisher beater bike

Thanks everyone. I emailed Georgena, and she told me that the 16 was the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by SarahB View Post
    Thanks everyone. I emailed Georgena, and she told me that the 16 was the way to go.
    Great! And I would frame that email. Now test ride some bikes!
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/