Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

I think I have my Kuota sold. A fellow AMC leader is coming over Sunday to test it out. I don't know her well, but she is the new-ish girlfriend of the guy I lead a lot of rides with. She is a little taller than me, but our legs are exactly the same length. She's coming at 2:45, so I can get at least a good 20 miles in on the Silque before she comes.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

My Kuota is sold!
    It's going to a good home, to someone who is very active, an AMC bike and hiking leader. She went out and rode it about 6 miles, including up and down my street and Strawberry Hill, so that's a good test of just about any kind of condition you could have.
    Murienn, I sold it for $500.00. I may have been able to get a bit more, but I just wanted it done.
    Last edited by Crankin; 12-14-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Congratulations Crankin! Now if I could just sell my lovely Gunnar frame...

You will, Catrin. Maybe through people you know at the gym or your mountain biking connections?
    I didn't have to do any work for this one. We went to a leader's party on Tuesday and DH just mentioned I was selling my bike. This woman perked up and said she was interested. The bike she had is not crappy, but definitely too big for her.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    That's lucky to sell a bike this time of year. ��
    It's the strangest thing. The Sunday before Thanksgiving I listed my Cannondale on Craigslist, thinking "this is a waste of time". The next day I got a reply. A few days later a really nice woman came by. It was 28 degrees, snowing, and the road wasn't plowed. She had been doing research and this was the bike she wanted. I was sorry to see it go (it was basically unused - too big for me), but really happy it went to such a nice person. And hopefully it will have a more exciting life than just sitting in my garage.

Congrats Crankin, on the new bike and the successful sale.

Quote Originally Posted by Muirenn View Post
    The thread where you listed it on TE ended up so long that it's possible anyone interested was not quite sure if it sold, or just gave up because they didn't want to read it. Maybe you should repost?
    I will when I've a chance, tomorrow or Wednesday evening. Since there is no actual size it is challenging to post just enough info rather than too much.

Wow, this thread has evolved to bike selling.
    I felt a little sad to see Kuota go, but she's in a good home. DH was actually encouraging me to not sell her, but I don't need 3 road bikes.
    Hoping the weather cooperates and I get to do my 37 mile club ride tomorrow.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura