Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I love Eastham. Spent a wonderful 2 weeks there, the summer before I moved back to MA. A very good friend of mine has a second home in Orleans, but that is so crowded, mostly with very old people! I don't know how she stands it. She is very different from me, even though she is a rider.
    My 35th anniversary is the 8th. We are thinking of going away next weekend. Maybe we should go to the Cape.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

8th of December? Do some of the villages still do a Christmas Stroll? We went to the one in Chatham and it was fun. I guess it was the first year they did it and the shops opened, the one off-season restaurant was crowded, and the bank, not having any merchandise to sell, handed out free punch. Spiked. It was a silly, jolly, old time.

My friend in Eastham also owns a rental house, and it was available for a week in September. It was fun to ride my bike to the Bay, turn around, and then ride to the ocean. And back.

I pretty much hibernated in the summer. Just too crowded, and I'm not much of a beach-goer, anyway. September and October were nice.

The Cape is pretty much open all year round now, especially places like Chatham. I went to a conference at the Chatham Bars Inn, around 2003 and the town was in definite celebratory mode. There are some places that close for January and February and a few that close for the whole winter, but it's not like the old days. Chatham has a very busy First Night celebration, too.
    I loved staying on the Bay in Eastham. Of course, being the New Englander I am, I had never even been to a beach there. It was great when my kids were small; the tide goes out really far and there's lots of tidal pools and marine life. The water is warm, too, just like the south side. I have enjoyed riding on the Cape in the fall and early spring. Even the rail trail is OK then.
    Yes, the 8th of December. Still not sure what we will do. The trip to Portugal was our gift to ourselves, but we feel that since most people don't make it this far, we should do more to celebrate!
    Back to the Silque; not sure about the Oura. The cut out/soft tissue is perfect, but my left glute is hurting today after an 8 mile hilly ride at lunch yesterday. I want the saddle to work, I hate dealing with this stuff. It looks like the snow is not going to be quite as bad as predicted, so I may be able to ride Sunday.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Forgot to wish you a Mazel Tov. 35 years is beautiful!

Yes, Murienn, I am uneven! Everything always wears on the left, my left hip is lower. And no, it is not on the inside. One thing, I did not have them put the saddle to the exact angle as my Falcon. I like the nose tipped up a tiny bit. And yesterday, I did feel like I was pushing back a little, not because I needed relief on the soft tissue, more like I was just sliding forward. So DH is going to put the saddle exactly how my others have been. Right now, as I sit and type, I can feel my left sit bone aching, still.
    Hoping I can ride Sunday. I will ride right to the LBS and discuss.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I had a shim in my left cleat at one point.... one made by the former LBS and one made by DH (can't remember why I switched). It resulted in me not being able to clip in very easily. This was with my Sidis and now I have Shimano shoes. Anyway, the fitter is very knowledgable and knows about this. If he has to make a shim, that's OK, except I do have winter cycling shoes that I am more apt to be wearing at this time of year, though I wasn't on Sunday and Tuesday.
    Rear end is fine today. Of course, it's a moot point. It looks like January outside right now.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    After I did the initial research and found a newer Trek model with the same geometry that the bike Irented had, it was in the fitter's hands. And both of them listened. Maybe because now I have the knowledge I didn't have 10 years ago, but I was treated perfectly.
    What shop did you go to? I'm in the Boston area and thinking of getting a new road bike...

Pedal Power on Great Rd in Acton.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Thanks! I like Trek, but I don't like the Trek dealers nearest to me.

Yup, do not go to Landry's, IBC, or Belmont Wheelworks.
    The Cycle Loft in Burlington is good, too.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    Yup, do not go to Landry's, IBC, or Belmont Wheelworks.
    The Cycle Loft in Burlington is good, too.
    Nor Ace Wheelworks, sigh. I had good service a couple of times but then both my housemate and I had noticeably patronizing service (different visits) so I don't go there anymore. I love Broadway Bicycle School, though!

Ace and Belmont are the same company.
    My son goes to Broadway Bicycle School for maintenance.
    I find that smaller shops usually are better, but only if it's not a super race oriented shop. Even some with women employees suck.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

No pictures, no rides. I rode last Sunday, for 11 miles and that was the last ride outdoors. We had a warm day, but I was at work and even if I commuted, it would not have been on the Silque. Hoping to get out Sunday, even if it's 35 degrees.
    Here is the picture from my first ride.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Silque.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	81.6 KB 
ID:	17474  
    Last edited by Crankin; 12-04-2014 at 06:18 PM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Yes, very comfortable. I just want to keep testing the saddle. DH was at the auto parts store near the LBS, and took it upon himself to go in there, to report my saddle issues to the owner/fitter. This, in itself pissed me off, but I know he is just trying to be helpful, as he was asking about the Romin. The fitter said I need to do 7-8 rides, and was questioning DH why I tilted the nose up. I just had forgotten to tell him that my saddle is always like this. It doesn't look pointed up, but it is, a hair, which keeps me from sliding back. But, I highly doubt I will get 7-8 rides in, given the weather. Truthfully, I am kind of "done" for the season, but it seems like the warm days we are having are rainy, or I am at work, and the dry days are not just cold, but windy. Or, it is snowing.
    We shall see.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

What a happy photo - thanks for sharing! Quite frankly, I'm impressed you can stretch your season out so long. I give up much sooner