Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Look Out Texas

To disable ads, please log-in.

I guess I just get so annoyed and upset when I see others being close minded, I just decided that I wanted to be where just about everyone thinks like me, even the person who waits on me in the grocery store. I know this sounds stupid. Maybe I burned myself out marching on the Boston Common and in Coconut Grove Park in the 60s and early 70s? I'd like to think my contribution has always been doing work that many others don't want to do, with populations that are often forgotten, wherever I have lived. I am sure you are all laughing at my reasoning, but I'm not going to lie.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

I don't know, Crankin--I don't find that reasoning laughable and I think it's understandable. Political frustration accumulates over time, and it gets harder to stand some of the same old ugly stuff. There's real comfort in being around people who care about the same things you do. I have often wondered how my friends in Arizona and Texas keep their heads from exploding given Governors Brewer and Perry. And I also believe that the work you do also helps make the world a better place. I would just say, though, that there are like-minded people everywhere, including states that appear to be conservative--they're not monolithic and you would find people in all those places who care about the same things you do.
    "My predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved;I have been given much and I have given something in return...Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and an adventure." O. Sacks