Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Loss of hair

To disable ads, please log-in.

Snap - my sentiments exactly. But I'll add a request for longer eyelashes. They finally came back but now seem to have stopped growing. Hard to apply mascara onto nothing. Biggest surprise is now I like having short carefree hair.
    Martha
    Work hard, be nice.
    Read a book.

Me too withm! I was sure I'd grow mine out and start coloring it again -- nope! Short and gray, with a small pink shock in the front.

When this thread was still posted it wasn't relevant to me as I was just hitting the cusp of menopause and hadn't noticed too much thinning hair. Now, three years later, I definitely have. My father was a baldy, and I know that gene comes from the father, so I do worry. My part is wider and the hair at my crown is thinner. I still have a lot of thickness through the back, but I am worried I will have to try Rogaine or wear hats at some point. Sigh...I don't like this one bit! My 82-year old mother has thin hair but really not much thinner than mine (at age 55, almost 56), but her father, my g-father, had thick hair until he died -- at 96! So I may end up with a problem. I have never mentioned it to my doctor or dermatologist but will at my next appointment.

AZfiddle, if you are reading this, how pricey is Rogaine? I am sorry that you are going through this too. It is most unsettling!
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

It's about $50 for a 3 month supply. I gave up. I am thinking about going to a doctor to find out about a surgical option. My band mate went totally bald in his early 20's, but had a procedure that returned him to a full head of hair and gave me the name of his doctor. He is on a lifetime medication though...
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Thanks for replying AZ! I could afford $200/year easily but not sure I want to put up with having to apply it, etc. I'm not to that point yet, but we'll see how things progress in the years ahead.
    Emily

It doesn't work for everyone and the sooner you start the better chance of it working...
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Quote Originally Posted by azfiddle View Post
    It doesn't work for everyone and the sooner you start the better chance of it working...
    Good point. I actually went on the Rogaine website and read up a little. It doesn't sound as difficult to apply or mess with as I remember it used to be (now only 1x per day with the mousse), and I'd forgotten that you can now get it OTC. I was remembering when it first came out for men and was Rx only. So, I may just give it a try. Thanks for the info!
    Emily

I hade severe hair loss problem and for this reasons, my hair was got thinner once. But I was lucky and get rid of it. I was so desperate then and seeking relief everywhere. I had tried many things and products but back then I got no noticible result from anythings. But at last I have found an amazing hair support produts. Its heal my scalp and resotre my hair. You can try it and I will recommed you because it's worth trying. Interested people can check it here:https://amplixin.com/