Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Surly Brand Ambassador

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yahoooooo! I have been chosen to be a Surly Brand Ambassador as they add more women specific apparel to their clothing line. Can you tell I am excited! Hoping to receive their new wool full zip long sleeve jersey before our tentative 3 day "leave no trace" bike trip next weekend. Even though it will be in the desert it is going to be chilly. They said they had over 700 applicants and it came down to "rock, paper, scissor" type of decision. I can't wait to start my "job". We did get some of their new Tall Chainsaw Sox's in the store the other day. Nice heavy wool, however with the chainsaw graphic on the side it does restrict how much the sock can stretch over the calf. I am not sure I could wear them on a long ride, I have a 15 " calf and they are snug. Hopefully they will send me the tall logo sock to try instead.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky King View Post
    Yahoooooo! I have been chosen to be a Surly Brand Ambassador as they add more women specific apparel to their clothing line. Can you tell I am excited! Hoping to receive their new wool full zip long sleeve jersey before our tentative 3 day "leave no trace" bike trip next weekend. Even though it will be in the desert it is going to be chilly. They said they had over 700 applicants and it came down to "rock, paper, scissor" type of decision. I can't wait to start my "job". We did get some of their new Tall Chainsaw Sox's in the store the other day. Nice heavy wool, however with the chainsaw graphic on the side it does restrict how much the sock can stretch over the calf. I am not sure I could wear them on a long ride, I have a 15 " calf and they are snug. Hopefully they will send me the tall logo sock to try instead.
    Have fun...some of the new stuff that is coming out does look nice! I did order the LHT short sleeve t-shirt.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Congrats!!

The jersey looks nice, but looking at the size chart I don't think it would fit me right.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

I will let you know, their sizing chart is interesting so I too, will be curious about fit but then again, I think that is part of the job
    Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    Congrats!!

The jersey looks nice, but looking at the size chart I don't think it would fit me right.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

Interesting story. I must have read more into this venture than Surly. Yesterday I received one short sleeved T-shirt. Based on the previous communications, I will admit that was the last thing I expected. I typically don't wear t shirts when I ride my bike. It is also November in Idaho, my arms don't see the light of day until April. I will take the shirt to Texas. I do appreciate Surly giving me a free t-shirt just need to rearrange my brain. I decided to wear it to work out yesterday and discovered a medium is to big for me. This one has a scooped neck and way to much gap o sis was taking place. It is soft
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com