Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: November Rides

To disable ads, please log-in.

Did a lovely 28.5 with girlfriends on Saturday, (LOTS of wind), plus an additional 10 miles looking for my iPhone, which slipped out and disappeared. Sunday only did 20, but for whatever reason (wind even worse) it felt like 40. Too sick to ride so far this week, but hopefully by Friday can get in a few miles at least - just itching to ride! This is prime riding season in Florida; I can't believe how much easier it is without the summer heat and humidity.
    Livin the life!
    2014 Trek Domane 4.7

40 very windy miles in 3:00 hours. The brief tailwind we had allowed me to coast down off the freeway overpass and the 1/4 mile to the stop sign without pedaling. On the other hand it was peaking at 19 when we headed back into it. Gotta love the flat Texas prairie and the howlin winds.

on the other hand that gives me another 125 miles or more week.
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

So, only in New England would I be x country skiing yesterday (awesome) and riding today. It was warm (50 ish), but the roads were in so-so condition from our recent snow. We didn't get that much here, but it is melting. Didn't want to take the new bike out, but I want to test some changes I made. So, I settled on a 14 mile ride that had lots of hills.
    Upside is, I spent more time in the small ring and my knees are fine. Going to put the saddle height back to where the shop had it, after raising it a snitch. Jury still out on the Oura, but, with the very, very slight tilt up in the front, I only felt mild pressure in my left glute and nothing when I finished riding.
    The LBS will call me when my 2nd bottle cage comes in and I will discuss the saddle with them when I bring the bike there for them to put the cage on. I hope I have at least a couple of more rides out side this year. Apart from the saddle, the bike still feels just dreamy smooth. I did clean my bike when I got back, which is a miracle for me.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Due to a schedule change at work, I ended up going back to my original holiday weekend plan of driving back here late Saturday night/early Sunday morning, instead of making the trip on Monday. The weather today was warm, in the 60s with sun, so I forced myself out of bed for a club ride this afternoon. The route was 31 miles and very flat, and the pace was fast, which was okay for a while, and then I really wanted to slow down but couldn't because everyone else was riding fast. I finished with an average speed of 15.4 mph, which was about 1 mph faster than I had expected. Afterwards a few of us went to nearby coffee shop, where I had a nice peppermint hot chocolate.

Much of the route was on the shoulder of busy roads, and there was lots of broken glass along the way. So I give a thumbs up to the Mavic tires that came with my Ksyrium Equipe wheels, because they made it through without any problems.

And so November is done and dusted; meteorological winter starts tomorrow. We're expecting some roller-coaster weather this week, and I don't know yet if I'll be able to ride outdoors. I guess I should get the indoor trainer out of storage, just in case.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

Got out for a ride with BF's family yesterday. 10.28 (or thereabouts; I didn't pay attention to the mileage before I set off) miles. Good weather (though there wasn't as much wind as usual, so my long-sleeve base layer got a bit warm after 30 minutes or so), relatively little traffic, and I actually remembered to eat this time.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Thanksgiving week- beautiful weather! I rode every day from Tuesday - Sunday- longest ride was Saturday (48 miles) but put in a respectable 148 miles for the week with all the time off. Mostly I rode on the east side of Tucson at Saguaro National Park and the base of Mt. Lemmon, but one long ride took me to the far northwest. And since most of the rides were under 2 hours, that still left plenty of time for cooking, eating, spending time with my family and playing music. I'm trying to focus on losing a few pounds, so hopefully all the miles will give me some help. (The scale hasn't said so yet).
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

Thanksgiving in Michigan north of Lansing. We went for a couple of rides to be in the moment of the fall and winter scenes in farm fields and fading small towns. 20 or so miles each time. Didn’t see anyone else riding and few cars and that added a nice isolating feeling that played to the scenery. BBrrrrrrrr….it was in the 20’s to start but then to the 50’s towards the end of the trip.

Gravel/frozen mud sideroads ftw

Last edited by rebeccaC; 12-01-2014 at 02:37 PM.
    ‘The negative feelings we all have can be addictive…just as the positive…it’s up to
    us to decide which ones we want to choose and feed”… Pema Chodron

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    18 hilly miles today...I had thought that the good riding weather was probably done for the winter, but today it got up into the 50s and was just too nice of a day not to get a ride in. The roads are pretty wet because of the melting snow, with puddles and lots of wet sand, so I was very glad to have fenders. I still had to do a little wiping down of the bike with a wet rag when I got home, but it wasn't bad.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Amazing pics rebeccaC. You could frame them. Love the B&W! Thanks for sharing.
    2014 Surly Straggler
    2012 Salsa Casseroll - STOLEN