Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Tough Workout Today

To disable ads, please log-in.

We went heavy on everything today and 4 sets too. It was hard. I don't know how I can be so tired and yet so so hungry! Pretty sure this is the first time I've done bicep curls with the 60 pound bar - 4 rounds of ten. I'm sure I'll be sore tomorrow.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Legs today - we started with leg press. The first round was pretty easy 15 reps narrow, 15 reps wide at 270 pounds. That was followed by 15 step ups each side onto the 18 inch step with 20 pound dumbbells. Second round of leg press was 12 narrow, 12 wide at 360 pounds, more step ups. Final round was 10 narrow 10 wide at 450 pounds. That's a lot of weight. We followed that up with one legged lunges in the TRX coupled one legged hamstring curls. Final exercise was squat jumps coupled with calf raisers. I think my legs are going to hurt just as much as my triceps and just did after Saturday.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Today is my fun day. Most people think I'm crazy. Today's totally awesome routine - jump 3 12 inch hurdles, jump onto the 18 inch step, jump forward off the step and do a burpee followed by ten push ups - ten rounds. This was coupled with burpees and a jump pull up - ten of those. Three rounds means 120 jumps, 300 push ups and 30 pull ups. I'm REALLY hungry!

I did some core stuff before that, but it wasn't nearly as cool.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Leg Day again - pretty typical stuff except for the jumping with 10 pound dumbbells held at my shoulder. That makes the jump all leg, you can't use your arms at all. Happily it was only onto the 12 inch step. 5 rounds of ten. I did a fun hamstring thing - really made the hamstrings burn, sort of like mountain climbers on your back with your heels in the TRX straps- 3 rounds of 100. Right around 50 the burn starts, by 80 my hamstrings were screaming.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

Sounds like a great session Veronica! I've done the TRX exercise you describe and it is a goodie for sure!