Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

So last week, my weight stayed in the 107.5 range most days and got to 106.8 on Saturday, even after going out on Friday night. I went to a conference Saturday and sat all day and then went to friends for dinner. Boom, Sunday I weighed 108.8. We went on a hilly 4 mile hike, so it's down a pound today. I should have ridden, but like NY said, it was warm enough, but with a wind chill.
    Doubling down on exercise this week, as well as eating.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Yeah my weight continues to bounce around. Thursday - no exercise, did not want to walk to the gym in cold rain. Friday - got home too late from work to go to the gym before it closed; too depressed to eat much. Saturday - late lunch (which I'm pretty sure was chock full o'salt) at bike club volunteer party at a Mexican restaurant, then ate too much for dinner (really hungry from not eating enough on Friday). Sunday - bike ride, but too much coasting and soft pedaling because I was riding sweep, then had hot chocolate and a muffin after the ride. Oh, and hormone fluctuations throughout. I guess the good news is that I've kept things under 146 lbs, the bad news is that it is going to be INSANELY COLD here for the next couple of days so I will not be getting outside for exercise.

- Gray 2010 carbon WSD road bike, Rivet Independence saddle
    - Red hardtail 26" aluminum mountain bike, Bontrager Evoke WSD saddle
    - Royal blue 2018 aluminum gravel bike, Rivet Pearl saddle

Gone but not forgotten:
    - Silver 2003 aluminum road bike
    - Two awesome worn out Juliana saddles

How is everyone else doing?
    My weight has not stayed as low as I want it to. Seen 106 once this week. More 108. I've ridden 3 times, hiked, boot camp.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    How is everyone else doing?
    My weight has not stayed as low as I want it to. Seen 106 once this week. More 108. I've ridden 3 times, hiked, boot camp.
    I actually broke 131 yesterday morning First time in a LONG time, but I was 3 pounds lower this morning so it was due to eating something I shouldn't have this weekend. I've learned that if I cheat with foods I KNOW I am sensitive to that this happens. So back to strict Paleo - which frankly isn't a problem for me - but I've become a little lax recently at various events away from home. I do know better, and that sudden gain isn't the only symptom of it. I am susceptible to meatballs and those lovely sauces with unknown ingredients that are probably processed.

Lots of kettlebell training, indoor rowing and Matrix step mill as my knee tolerates. Love the indoor rowing, the step mill is the only other machine I can tolerate - but I've got to be vigilant with my knee where that is concerned. Rowing machine is great for endurance and that hip drive that I need for my sport training. Starting a 1 million meter rowing challenge from my coach (621 miles), that will certainly help me over the winter!
    Last edited by Catrin; 11-25-2014 at 05:15 PM.

Yeah, my bump up definitely was from a combination of some food. It's just that often times, it seems to happen without reason. I am back down to 106.8 this morning. However, I am going to my cycling groups' day before Thanksgiving party at noon. It was supposed to be preceded by a 35 mile hilly ride, but weather cancelled that. I was too lazy to go to the gym at 5:30, so I guess I will be doing my Cyclo Core DVD for functional fitness and get on the treadmill. I can control myself at the party today, because I'd rather eat my own cooking tomorrow! Not sure what kind of outdoor activity I'll be doing this weekend, because of weather.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I am not certain since I haven't weighed myself for past 10 days or so. I've done some easy cycling when in Vancouver and Seattle. Calgary just got some more snow and now am being disrupted to visit family in Toronto since father is literally bleeding to death very slowly. No cycling for next few days even though I know there, it's ok pavement-wise. Just not a priority right now. I'm sure more snow on return will be another hurdle when I get back.

Just trying to stay healthy and eat healthy..sort of.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Back up this morning, but I did eat too much yesterday and wound up drinking 3 glasses of wine which is 2 more glasses than normal for me. Then came home and vegetated on a "Once Upon a Time" marathon. Back to normal today, and I will hold off on the port and hot buttered rum until the scale gets back to where it should be. It is supposed to be warmer for a bit anyway. Rowed 10k meters this morning as part of my team challenge and also part of my million meter personal rowing challenge.

Shootingstar, I am sorry to read about your father, sending prayers and warm thoughts/hugs your way. Take care of yourself!

Well, I feel lucky I only gained a pound from Thanksgiving. I had a little of everything, but maybe too many goat cheese/pear dumpling like thingy appetizers my DIL brought. Went to an hour and a half boot camp class this morning, so I feel like I did my part. Going x country skiing tomorrow; I am excited beyond belief, but I know that like with longer, hard rides, it makes me ravenous. The food isn't available at the lodge, so we'll bring lunch, instead of stopping on the way home, at an excellent Italian deli. I am going out tomorrow night, though.
    Sunday will be warm enough to ride. The roads will probably still be cruddy, but I need to be testing out the changes DH just made on my saddle on the new bike. Normally, I wouldn't take it out under these conditions, but I cannot wait.
    For the first time ever, I had my bike and my x country skis sitting in the entry way at the same time, as DH was working on the bike there, and I had just brought the skis up from the storage closet for tomorrow. It makes me happy!
    Thinking of you, Shooting Star.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Sounds fun Crankin, you have your choice :-) I rowed today, tomorrow I've my comp KB training, Sunday will row another 10k or so. I think that I backed off a bit too much from my non-KB conditioning/endurance work since I had to give up riding and running. Hopefully the knee will eventually allow me to get back to a little trail running but it seems fine with rowing!

Much happier today, my weight plummeted back to where it should be. Feeling good that I've returned to rowing, now I need to make certain that my combination of kettlebell sport training and rowing doesn't cross that over-training line. My coach is vigilant on that however, much more than my last coach. Pretty amazing how he can just glance at how I am moving, even if I think I am moving fine, and will change my workout immediatly if he thinks my body needs to back off. Or vice-versa His method works, I've come MUCH further since I started working with him in Feb than I once thought even possible.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    I am not certain since I haven't weighed myself for past 10 days or so. I've done some easy cycling when in Vancouver and Seattle. Calgary just got some more snow and now am being disrupted to visit family in Toronto since father is literally bleeding to death very slowly. No cycling for next few days even though I know there, it's ok pavement-wise. Just not a priority right now. I'm sure more snow on return will be another hurdle when I get back.

Just trying to stay healthy and eat healthy..sort of.
    I'm so sorry about your father, Shootingstar. It's good that you're able to visit with your family. Take care of yourself.

Gone but not forgotten:

I'm joining in. I have just not had the commitment for a while and my weight has crept from 111-112 up to as much as 124. On my 5'1" frame, that's a lot. I rediscovered some motivation but I think it will be a couple of weeks before I can really see it working. My weight has varied from about 121.7 (Nov 20, before El Tour de Tucson) to over 124 this morning. I rode 148 miles since last Wednesday and even on Thanksgiving I was pretty sensible about eating- so I am hoping there is some post-exercise water retention and that I will see the scale come down by the end of this week.

Thanks for the added motivation.
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

I'm not sure how, but I think I made it through last week without gaining anything. That included a party, two long car trips and a sedentary day of working from home during a cold rainy day in addition to the vast quantities of food on Thanksgiving. I bookended the trip with two 30-mile bike rides, which probably helped. And wearing compression socks definitely has helped prevent water weight gain during/after the long car rides. (I've now got 3 pairs of the the Zoot compression socks, and I really like them.)

Gone but not forgotten:

I'm doing OK. What I notice is that the upper range of my weight is not going as high as last winter and it easily is going back down, after the weekend. I think this is due to my change in diet since last year at this time. I am not doing anything else differently! Hopefully, the lower end of my weight range will get a little lower, but I'm not totally annoyed with myself.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

I think it's time to make a conscious reduction in the amount of food I eat each day. With the winter weather, my overall activity levels are lower, since I am not doing the really long weekend bike rides anymore and my mid-week rides will be shorter as I start riding indoors more. I will try to eat less at dinner, and hopefully will not end up snacking as a result.

Gone but not forgotten: