Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: A Personal Best

A Personal Best

To disable ads, please log-in.

When I started training 5 years ago with Shawna she would have me do these lay down/stand up things with a medicine ball. Sometimes I'd get stuck and couldn't stand up. Today I had to do them with an 8 pound medicine ball and then jump onto the 18 inch step - with the medicine ball.

Just for kicks when I was done I tried to do one with nothing, just my arms and I DID it! I was pretty excited. I couldn't do a second one, but that's okay. It will come.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Holy cow, that is impressive!! congrats!

Electra Townie 7D

yay for you. It sounds absolutely daunting to me. Go youy,
    marni
    Katy, Texas
    Trek Madone 6.5- "Red"
    Trek Pilot 5.2- " Bebe"

"easily outrun by a chihuahua."

Whooohoo, sounds great! That takes strength! I know you will take it much further, one rep at a time

When you did it with a medicine ball, was it a deck squat? (when lying down bring the ball up over your head to give you leverage? Just trying to picture what you did). We do this with kettlebells. Lay down, move the weight overhead, do a hip bridge and stand up.

It was these https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yfv286fqWxM but with a medicine ball going back over your head. Then I added in jumping on the step with the 8 pound ball. That part was kind of freaky because you can't see the step entirely with the ball in front of you.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

Yes, that is a form of the deck squat, it is an amazing exercise! That does sound freaky jumping on the step that you can't really see