Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: MCL tear and PT

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Pax View Post
    I'm looking forward to that in FL.
    Choose carefully, though. (And also be aware of the irony in my saying that, since with all my third-party exposure to local practices, I have a history of choosing terrible care for myself ...) Health care in Florida generally has a very bad reputation. I know more than one person who flies back North when they need health care. It's not just the availability of family caretakers, it's also the quality of the practitioners, that causes a lot of people who retire to Florida, to move back "home" when their health declines.

Good luck at the ortho's.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I had an ACL repair to my left knee a couple of years ago, and a couple of years after my bike wreck. The MRI was done shortly after the wreck, but the surgeon in New Orleans said I could walk with it (which I could), and we could postpone surgery. Then I moved here to the PNW, had trouble on non-flat ground, saw a sports medicine surgeon.... who looked at the MRI and wondered what took me so long to have surgery?

So Pax, how's your opposite hip? I found that walking around on a bum knee threw my gait off enough that now I have trouble with my right hip.

I would say, get the MRI, and surgery. Don't wait. And do ALLL the exercises your PT gives you.
    Last edited by bmccasland; 12-07-2014 at 03:19 PM. Reason: corrected bad grammar
    Beth

My other hip has hurt for a while. After five surgeries on my right knee since 1974, my poor left knee and hip have borne the brunt of my weight. Coupled with that it turns out my left leg is a half inch shorter than my right so my gait has been a mess for a long time.

See the otho doc tomorrow morning, I've decided if he suggests the total knee replacement, I'll listen and give it some thought. I mean how many surgeries can they do on one knee before it becomes and exercise in futility?

Electra Townie 7D

It's true what you say Pax....about hips hurting. I too now have my left hip more sensitive because of the weight bearing on that side when my right knee was injured. PT is working on it but it is normal when you compensate a lot. PT said it was misaligned some. Oh well.... the love of aging. haha

Good luck tomorrow.

Got good news (sort of, but I'm happy) from the orthopedic doc this morning. My knee is still good enough to NOT need a joint replacement yet!! The most recent injury is going to be treated by either arthroscopic surgery or shots, depending on the amount of damage showing in the MRI next week.

It still means a possible sixth surgery on that knee, but not the horrifically painful total knee!!!

Electra Townie 7D

That is great news. keep us posted on your progress.

Great news, Pax.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Yay! Good luck with the MRI.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler