Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

My new bike has shipped!!!!
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

How did I miss this?!?!? Congratulations!!!!

Well, maybe you have better things to do than read about my new bike!!???
    The shop told me it wouldn't be until the end of December. I feel pretty confident that I'll get at least one ride in on it, before the snow flies. I don't care if it's 5 miles and 20 degrees out.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Watch out for ice!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I will start a new thread, with pics, etc. It seems like I was just propping the Kuota up in the living room to take a picture of it for TE. But, that was in 2006.
    Oak, no ice around here. No snow, either. There's been snow close, and a few flurries, but other than the sporadic year when it happens around Thanksgiving, we rarely have a bigger snowstorm before the middle of December.
    We struggled with whether we would take an early season "warm up" cycling trip in late February or early March, or do a major x country ski trip. Our friends got invited to do a "bigger givers" x country ski trip with the AMC President's Circle, in Yellowstone. We got invited, too, despite the fact we don't give AMC tons of $ (but they want us to). But, when we looked at the trip's details, it was just a little too much back country skiing for us, particularly, DH. So, we bowed out of that. For years, we've wanted to ski in the Methow Valley, WA and we decided this is the year! We found a x country ski trip there, done by a cycling touring company. Not that we wouldn't have gone there on our own, but we will get to see more, without renting a car. And, we are both going to take some skate ski lessons. I am excited. So, no winter cycling for me, especially the kind that requires shipping my new bike.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura