Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

Thanks Pax and Oak!

The only problem is my dysfunctional shoulder. I can do all of the lifts, but as my chiro says, my physiology is "altered". This is making it much more difficult to gain sheer strength, which is hard enough at 55 when you haven't been doing for much of your life. This also causes a mechanical problem when I am jerking with my left arm, my hip must do strange things for me to get proper lockout - but I CAN do it! I am not doing this to become a high level professional competitor however. Competing is a goal to keep my interest, and it is fun. I am looking forward to our platform party at the end of January in Louisville

My goal next year is to do this same event, with the 8 KG - which is what I wanted to do this year but I was overruled

A little follow-up. While I wasn't nearly as sore as I anticipated, as it turned out my muscles were far more fatigued after that 1-hour Long Cycle than I knew. I showed up at my usual Tuesday evening kettlebell training session, and our coach gave me and my training partner one of our usual competition training sets (multiple timed sets of jerks, and then snatches). While I had been somewhat aware that I was a LITTLE sore that day, I had no idea just how tired I was. It took a good deal of perseverance to complete my sets - but I did, and I did complete them. I DID have the option of stopping the timed work and joining in with a more general KB training session (not all of us are training for competition), but I got stubborn, I know, that is a surprise NEXT year I am skipping that first class after the event :-) We do need more recovery time as we get older.

So tonight is another training session, and I feel much closer to normal now. We will see how it goes! Crossing my fingers that he will have us doing my favorite lift for my birthday